Texturized ladies do you get knots too?

Ayeshia

Just asking...yesterday I had to trim almost 1.5 inches of because of these knots. Big growth set back /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif I didnt have a lot but I know that if I kept trimming every knot that I saw, then over the months my hair would eventually become uneven and then I would have to cut even more off.

I want to stay natural but if this keeps happening every time.... /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif So I was wondering if I texturize though I highly doubt that I will, will I still experience knots? I dont remember getting them with my relaxed hair. But I really didnt pay attention either. TIA /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Hey Ayeshia /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

I am natural and I don’t get knots! Can you post your regimen??

Thanks!

I am texturized and ill get mad knots when my hair needs a trim although as soon i trim they stop overnight.

you might need to do regular micro trims at least every 10-12 weeks.

Yeah neither do I. I think it all has to do with your regimen. To prevent my hair from tangling at night I normally twist my hair and untie it in the morning. I deep condition my hair with every wash and I the only time I comb my hair is when I am washing it. I just finger comb any other time.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Ayeshia /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

I am natural and I don’t get knots! Can you post your regimen??

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I co wash with suave or VO5 and then add mango butter and Pantene R&N setting lotion on soaking wet hair and let air dry. I think my problem is that I dont comb very often. Im quite sure of that. It just takes so long to do. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a text-y and no I don't get knots either... /images/graemlins/nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky you..My natural hair is very similar to yours except my curl pattern is tighter I believe. How often do you comb?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I still got knots. Especially around the 4a areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too..which is mostly the sides and the middle. I have no problem with any of the other areas.

haha---well maybe that's it....I never comb it unless I rollerset it. I don't think I've taken a comb to my head for about three weeks... /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Keep in mind that since my hair is texturized--my hair gets pretty straight when wet--which is why I don't have to comb it...

Ayeshia, your curls are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I hope that if you do decide to texturize, you don't lose too much of your gorgeous curl.

I texturize my hair and it doesn't tangle, but my hair is not as curly as yours and according to my Mom and my own memory, it didn't tangle when I was natural as a kid. My hair is pretty much the same when texturized, just flatter.

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia, your curls are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I hope that if you do decide to texturize, you don't lose too much of your gorgeous curl.

I texturize my hair and it doesn't tangle, but my hair is not as curly as yours and according to my Mom and my own memory, it didn't tangle when I was natural as a kid. My hair is pretty much the same when texturized, just flatter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you /images/graemlins/kiss.gif...yeah thats why I dont want to texturize. My hair will turn to waves which is something I dont want. But if this keeps happening I may have to. Im going to try braids for a while. I think Im doing too much to my hair so Im gonna give it a rest. Im getting yarn twists on Monday

I don't think you should trim when you get knots. Do you mean individual little knots on a single hairstrand? If so, that's just part and parcel of natural hair, the hair ends up curling on itself, esp. if you do a lot of wash and go's and I know you do. You may want to "clear out" with a wide tooth comb or a denman like brush once a week to cut down on the knots.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should trim when you get knots. Do you mean individual little knots on a single hairstrand? If so, that's just part and parcel of natural hair, the hair ends up curling on itself, esp. if you do a lot of wash and go's and I know you do. You may want to "clear out" with a wide tooth comb or a denman like brush once a week to cut down on the knots.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it is the individual knots...I guess Im going to have to deal with them. But when I see them it makes me wanna trim my whole head. I think I will have to cut down on the wash n goes like you said. Luckily Im getting thses twists so i dont have to deal with it. and i am going to start combing more often Thaks for the advice /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Back