Texture poll for naturals

When wet what best describes your hairs texture?

• Curly/coily

Votes: 115 71.4%
  • Straight

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Bushy w/out a curl pattern

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 22 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted "something else" because I don't really know. When wet, my hair has loads of spirals, and when it was short they stayed that way. But now I braid as soon as I finish detangling, so I always see my hair when it's stretched. It's bushy then.

I have big curls, and s's, in the back, but in the front it's alittle less defined when my hair is wet, but when it dries it just gets frizzy, and less defined curls, but it's nice now that it's longer, I can get a good fro out of it

babyblue said:
when wet i have some tiny defined coils which if i want to keep the definition i have to add holding gel or curl product immediately in sections and scrunch.

if i let it dry with either no products, leave in or oil alone it turns into a frizzy, kinky, nappy bush, with random coils scattered here and there. so yeah products do make a difference.

Yep, what she ^^^^ said! Me to a tee!

When I voted on this poll, my hair was curly when wet. As it's gotten longer though, I think it would be more accurate to say that it is wavy when wet and then as it dries it gets curly, especially the ends.

Yup sounds like me. Except none of mine are as big as a pencil, they are all about coffee stirrer size, they are so tiny!

bmoreflyygirl said:
I'm a 4a. My hair is full of little coils. Maybe about the size of a pencil. Maybe a little smaller. They're not coffee stirrer size. If I brush the curls out I'll have a fro.

ETA: It looks bushier if I let it airdry with no product though. I usually try to add some type of leave in conditioner.

My hair is hard to describe - when wet (and uncombed) it's coils - kinky little tubes almost.
Combed, it's wavy, with a slightly tighter wave/curl at the ends.

When my hair is wet, most of it is curly except the middle, which is mostly frizzy. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who deals with the frizzies.

nappywomyn said:
My hair is hard to describe - when wet (and uncombed) it's coils - kinky little tubes almost.
Combed, it's wavy, with a slightly tighter wave/curl at the ends.

That is my hair all over!!:D

My wet hair is a bush of tight s-shaped spiral curls. As it dries it turns into a neck length coily, kinky, nappy, soft afro.

I think my hair changes as it gets longer. It doesn't form tight curls anymore. it has ringlets more now. I can keep the ringlets in certain spots. I guess in a year or so I might be able to keep them all.

My hair is bushy, afro with curls when it's wet.

IMG_02331-th.jpg

straightish and wavy when wet (size 3b curls when wet)

it curls and coils up when its completly dry (size 3c curls and coils)

Back