Texture of hair changing due to MSM and biotin

janeemat

Someone mentioned in another post that taking MSM make their hair straight and biotin thickening it up. Who else has noticed consideraly change in their texture and how long did it take.

janeemat said:
Someone mentioned in another post that taking MSM make their hair straight and biotin thickening it up. Who else has noticed consideraly change in their texture and how long did it take.

Biotin DEFINITELY helped to thicken my fine/thin hair. I attribute much of my newfound thickness to the Biotin. I looooove that stuff!! Its my staple for real!!!! :)

I never took MSM long enough to notice a real change. Sawwy! ;)

MSM is making my hair too straight, so I am going to stop taking it... Biotin is making my hair grow, I know that much.. Once I stop taking the MSM, I should have a better idea of the effectiveness of the biotin.

I have been taking a Hair, Skin & Nail supplement which contains both MSM and Biotin along with other things. Before I started taking it, I had to touch up my relaxer every 5 weeks or so, now I can easily go 16 weeks. My curl pattern is softer and looser and I have some thickening as well. I'm even throwing around the idea of transitioning. :)

KiniKakes said:
Biotin DEFINITELY helped to thicken my fine/thin hair. I attribute much of my newfound thickness to the Biotin. I looooove that stuff!! Its my staple for real!!!! :)

I never took MSM long enough to notice a real change. Sawwy! ;)

Kini is the biotin making your new growth coarser ? I've experienced this in the past when I took biotin and MSM. Its made me have to relax way sooner than usual. I've never taken both together at the sametime so I just started to see what the effects of taking both supplements simulataneously would have on my hair and nails.
Which brand of biotin are you taking and what is your dosage?

I do believe that msm is making my hair texture get loose, but maybe I'm just delusioned b/c I've only been taking it for about 9days and the whole length of the natural bits of my hair are becoming slightly looser. Where for obvious reasons only the hair grown since taking it should be affected right :confused: . Maybe its been the products I been using lately :confused:

CaliJ said:
I have been taking a Hair, Skin & Nail supplement which contains both MSM and Biotin along with other things. Before I started taking it, I had to touch up my relaxer every 5 weeks or so, now I can easily go 16 weeks. My curl pattern is softer and looser and I have some thickening as well. I'm even throwing around the idea of transitioning. :)

CaliJ, what is the name of the product you're taking that contains both?

TIA

Back