Texlaxers: To What Percentage…

To what percentage do you texlax your hair?

• Less than 30%

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • More than 80%

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
This is what Affirm Fiberguard relaxer does to your hair. This relaxer is a very slow processing relaxer so it breaks the hair bonds down to a minimum so that it is kinky wavy pattern instead of bone straight.

I think i'm about 40-50% texlaxed. I say this becuase my new growth and texlaxed hair is almost virtually undetectable. I have the realxer in for apprx 8 min from application time to rinsing it out. I do not smooth through at all and once I rinse I have a lot of my own texture and a lot of shrnkage. I've been thinking of smoothing it through a little more. But I do like how thick and strong my hair has become since i've begun texlaxing this way.

I didn't pick a percentage. I texlax different parts of my hair to different degrees because I have a lot of different textures. There's part of my hair that is just about natural now and one part is probably close to 50-60% and then my edges are more processed than other areas of my hair. Overall I still have a lot of texture and a lot of shrinkage so I'll say that on the whole my hair is probably 50% or so.

Back