Texlaxed ladies that get it done in the Salon!

Rikku

Can you please answer these questions >.< if you have had a good experience from it I mean ^^;

1. Do you tell the stylist what to do to texlax your hair, or do they already know what it means?

2. Do they charge you the same amount they'd charge for a normal relaxer?

3. Are you allowed to bring your own relaxer of choice to the salon?

4. What salon do you go to and where??? :lick:

I'm sorry if these are silly ;_; I have been to a salon only once before when I was much much younger lol :/

Can you please answer these questions >.< if you have had a good experience from it I mean ^^;

1. Do you tell the stylist what to do to texlax your hair, or do they already know what it means?

2. Do they charge you the same amount they'd charge for a normal relaxer?

3. Are you allowed to bring your own relaxer of choice to the salon?

4. What salon do you go to and where??? :lick:

I'm sorry if these are silly ;_; I have been to a salon only once before when I was much much younger lol :/

Q1. I bring my own relaxer to the shop and add oil to it. I sometimes let the stylist know not to leave it in too long, but for me it doesn't matter because I put so much grease on my scalp and ends it's like Fort Knots to get through.

Q2. At the new place I go to they charge me the same price as everyone else.

Q3. Yes

Q4. I go to Dominican Essences in New York

Q1. I bring my own relaxer to the shop and add oil to it. I sometimes let the stylist know not to leave it in too long, but for me it doesn't matter because I put so much grease on my scalp and ends it's like Fort Knots to get through.

Q2. At the new place I go to they charge me the same price as everyone else.

Q3. Yes

Q4. I go to Dominican Essences in New York

Thank you =D
NY is not too far from Boston >.< atleast I dont think it is xD lol

Umm...can you ask them to do a small section first so that you can time it correctly for the rest of the head? and would they do the texlaxing in sections if you asked?

Also they don't wash your hair before a relaxer??? when I had my one and only relaxer years ago they washed my hair first :perplexed but you can wash, condition and add oils/grease to it and no problems??

Thank you =D
NY is not too far from Boston >.< atleast I dont think it is xD lol

Umm...can you ask them to do a small section first so that you can time it correctly for the rest of the head? and would they do the texlaxing in sections if you asked?

Also they don't wash your hair before a relaxer??? when I had my one and only relaxer years ago they washed my hair first :perplexed but you can wash, condition and add oils/grease to it and no problems??

I have never been to a salon that washes your hair prior to the touch-up and I never heard of that being done. I was taught years ago that you should way at least 48 hours to get a touch-up if you washed your hair. I have the results of my touch-up in my fotki, and LHCF blog.

Wow all this time I thought to put any chemicals in the hair should be totally cleaned first >__< I guess I got lucky that the relaxer didn't burn or nothing horrible happaned to my scalp ;__;

I'll def. PM you for the PW =D

Back