Testimony from a Newbie...

Well bless your heart! I too had this bald patch that would grow back to about 2 inches, I'd relax and it'll go bald again. It was on top to the right side of my crown.This went on the entire time I was relaxed. I was relaxed for about 10 years. I've always had growing hair so it would come back, but I wanted to KEEP what I grew. I transitioned in braids and amazingly no more bald patch. I still had a shedding problem and just figured I have sheddy hair. It shed less as a natural though, MUCH less. Well I found BHM Januray 2008 and this place February 2008. Both places taught me to read labels and what to look out for. I got TIRED of reading labels because everything I picked up had one or more things from the "bad for hair" list. I then decided to do the reverse. Look for what makes your hair grow and what were the main ingredients that were good for hair. I broke it down to the bare basics and now use only natural things like coconut oil, shea butter, etc. etc. and mix up my own concoctions. I NEVER KNEW MY HAIR COULD BE SO SOFT, MANAGEABLE AND NOT FALL OUT OR SHED! I will never turn back. I'm trying to slowly incorporate store bought stuff into my regimen, but the more I think about it...why? Store bought stuff does work for some people but not for me. This is the most VALUABLE thing I've learned and I'm retaining growth like never before. This is a person who would buy all products from salons using high end stuff which still made my hair shed but I'd keep using it. I then went to the cheaper stuff and the cheaper stuff just made my hair shed faster. So THANK GOD for places like this because I TOTALLY gave up and just figured I had bad hair and was meant to be partially bald with long thinning and shedding hair everywhere else.

Back