TELL ME YOUR BEST PRODUCTS FOR BLOW-OUTS!!!

Nanyanika

Well ladies once again, i need your help!! i better ask now because i won't be renewing my membership once its up. I'm going to start incorporating heat into my regime every 6-8 weeks after i remove my braids.I KNOW ITS SOUNDS NAUGHTY, I'LL TRY TO BE SENSIBLE. I need to know which products i could use to protect my hair from heat and give a smooth texture. which technique could use to get the best results. i had an idea, of airdrying, and then blow it out in small sections on slightly damp hair with some product. Is this okay? send your responses. thank-you

Hi Den, don't you want to try rollersetting first and going under a hooded dryer and then blowing out if necessary?

P.S. I just emailed you by the way

lonei said:
Hi Den, don't you want to try rollersetting first and going under a hooded dryer and then blowing out if necessary?

P.S. I just emailed you by the way
No, i can't rollerset my hair is very nappy, coarse and extra thick, i have a ton of newgrowth too, i remember my stylist doing this and it turned out horrible, dry and crunchy. Do you think airdrying in braids work then try blowing it out? Thanks for sending the email

den1 said:
No, i can't rollerset my hair is very nappy, coarse and extra thick, i have a ton of newgrowth too, i remember my stylist doing this and it turned out horrible, dry and crunchy. Do you think airdrying in braids work then try blowing it out? Thanks for sending the email

Ok, i understand. Yeah i have done this before (airdrying in braids first) but i made sure my hair was not completely dry, maybe 85% because my air dryed hair comes out frizzy and breaks if you try to comb it let alone blow dry it. I have done it before with a creamy leave in like NTM silk touch or a serum like Keracare silk and seal applied to wet hair. I found that the serum made it shiner and lighter but the ntm made it soft but not as shiny and a bit heavier. Hope this helps.

lonei said:
Ok, i understand. Yeah i have done this before (airdrying in braids first) but i made sure my hair was not completely dry, maybe 85% because my air dryed hair comes out frizzy and breaks if you try to comb it let alone blow dry it. I have done it before with a creamy leave in like NTM silk touch or a serum like Keracare silk and seal applied to wet hair. I found that the serum made it shiner and lighter but the ntm made it soft but not as shiny and a bit heavier. Hope this helps.
Yes it makes sense blowdrying the hair when its damp, i would defintely get a lot of breakage if i attempted this method on dry hair. Thanks for recommending those products, where would i find NTM in England? thanks

den1 said:
Yes it makes sense blowdrying the hair when its damp, i would defintely get a lot of breakage if i attempted this method on dry hair. Thanks for recommending those products, where would i find NTM in England? thanks

You wouldn't Den, I was so desparate for it I contact Neutrogena who said they are only selling it in the US for now. You can get it on line but I gave a friend £25 and he came back with about 7 bottles of the silk touch. I am still on the first bottle since summer 2005.

lonei said:
You wouldn't Den, I was so desparate for it I contact Neutrogena who said they are only selling it in the US for now. You can get it on line but I gave a friend £25 and he came back with about 7 bottles of the silk touch. I am still on the first bottle since summer 2005.
OH NO, i wonder what i could use as a substitute. I might have to try Nexxus Headdress, only thing is i can't stand the highly perfumed scent

Back