TCB RELAXER-YES OR NO?

MissFallon

I am planning on relaxing my mom's hair and since my regular beauty supply store closed I only had a choice of a few relaxers so I picked up this one. My mom has 2b/2c and a little 3A in the back hair and I was trying to force her to go natural (by refusing to relax it), but now she is complaining everyday so I decided to relax it. Her hair is wavy but if you blow dry on low with a comb it straightens with no problem. Anywayz, do you think this is an ok relaxer for her hair? Her last relaxer was in September. Here is the link to the one I purchased:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100726&navAction=jump&navCount=0&skuid=sku308197&id=prod8197

Last edited:
I have never used TCB naturals, but used TCB Bone Straight once a long time ago. I would not use anything made from that company on my hair. That stuff is hella strong and made my hair feel like straw!!! I hated it and am lucky that the time I used it my hair did not drop out!!!

MissBermuda said:
I have never used TCB naturals, but used TCB Bone Straight once a long time ago. I would not use anything made from that company on my hair. That stuff is hella strong and made my hair feel like straw!!! I hated it and am lucky that the time I used it my hair did not drop out!!!

Same here.

TCB naturals is the bomb!! It does get your hair bone straight - no texlaxing with that one!!

Don't mistake it for the NEW ECONOMY SIZE one. The one is your picture is the one that I use.

I've used TCB bone straight for years and I agree with MissBermuda, it is very strong. I have very coarse hair and it's the only over-the-counter relaxer that will keep my hair straight for more than two weeks.

bumping because my mom is stressing me about relaxing again. She is 5 months post (but looks like she is freshly relaxed so I don't know why she wants to do this:ohwell: )

I still use TCB Naturals and will continue for as long as they make it. It is the only one that i can use myself to get my hair straight. I hate all of the other TCB relaxers, but the Naturals is the bomb, in my opinion. (I say it again, though - NOT the new Value size version - it is just not as good.)

Back