TANGLES! Oh the horror!

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
:cry: so I washed my hair the other day.....i didin't do a good job detangling

Anyway, that was like two days ago...I was playing in my hair a few mins ago......detangling with my fingers, but I noticed huge chunks of tangles right int he middle of my head...I felt them and they were still very damp at the root (when I washed the other day I used sulfur 8 on my scalp along with hair oil and also s curl oon my hair)....the middle of my head is curly, thick, and tangly and my fingers and wombs are struggling to get through there.....good ol' Cream of Nature detanlging shampoo does wonders for me and tangles...hopefully it will come to my rescue tonight when I wash my hair again....but what can I do next time to prevent these mutant tangles?

My hair looks like it's having a battle with itself....it's crazy! I wouldda took a pic but I been packing boxes all night so I am dog tired.....waaaaaah!

Are you using anything else to detangle except for your shampoo? Are you using a wide tooth comb? I would suggest getting a good detangler to assist you with the comb out process. Biolage detangling solution is very good.

Yeah, I use a wide tooth comb.....I ordered a k cutter but I wont be receiving it untill next week. i don't have an additional detangling solution right after my shampoo.....I ordered some surge plus 14 which is great for detangling, but I wont be actually getting it untilll next week.

I agree with everything the ladies have said. I just have one question. Isn't your BC scheduled for early June? Is there any way to get the person whose doing it to squeeze you in at an earlier date?

I have had the worst tangles ever!
What helped me alot was a creme rinse.Its a instant conditioner after your conditioner.Its made to detangle your hair in your final process of washing it.

Also ditto on biolage daily leave in tonic.I cant wash without it...its that good.

I've noticed that the more shedding I have the more tangles I get. I use surge every other day on my scalp to eliminate most of the shedding. I also use a good detangling poo and conditioner (both by Elucence) and I shampoo, condition and detangle in 4 sections. Good Luck!

Africa's Best Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangler & Hair Moisturizing Lotion (*whew*, that was long :lol: ), helped me tremendously with my tangles. I used that and my de-tangling bone comb and PRESTO.....no more tangles. :love: :love: that stuff!!!!

Also, if you have some Jojoba Oil on hand, it too works as an excellent detangler...comb just slides right through the hair.

Hmmm I might have to try that one miracle. :yep:

I use Black N' Sassy Carribean Creme Leave-in. This stuff is :love: :woot: It smells dreamy and all you need is a little and it gets ALL those tanlges out. :)

I find that I have to detangle every time or at least every other time I wet my hair. It just makes it easier to stay on top of the tangles. I'm still try to experiment w/products to ease the detangling and everything I've tried just helps a little bit. I have noticed though that sealing my ends w/ shea or avocado butter helps keep them away a little bit more.

I have natural hair that is almost to my bra strap so I know what you mean as far as tangle night mares. I braid my hair in 4 to 6 braids and take out each braid condition wash then braid back up and move on to the next braid. It takes alot more time than usual but, I rather do that then spend hours detangling my hair!

I have a horrible time with tangles myself...especially during washing time like Pittgirl. Clumps of tangles right in the middle of my head, also the area which is the densest and thickest. I found out through trial and error to keep tangles at bay is to use NO PRODUCTS whatsoever in my hair. I found to spritz each section with a leave-in, comb out from ends to roots and twist each section before washing. That eliminated my tangles completely and less hair was shed. I use to dread washing my hair but not anymore, thank you LHCF!

I'm in my sixth month of transitioning. I use Pantene detangler. It is awesome. It get the kinks right out every time.

goldensugar23 said:
I have had the worst tangles ever!
What helped me alot was a creme rinse.Its a instant conditioner after your conditioner.Its made to detangle your hair in your final process of washing it.

Also ditto on biolage daily leave in tonic.I cant wash without it...its that good.

Hi Golden Sugar,

I use a creme rinse (it's a dominican brand and I'm forgetting the brand).
Are there any brands you recommend?

hey thanks yall.....my bc is next saturday and thats the earliest because i fly into the burgh friday. grrrr i cant wait till them ends are gone!!!

ghanaian dime said:
Hi Golden Sugar,

I use a creme rinse (it's a dominican brand and I'm forgetting the brand).
Are there any brands you recommend?

oh yes the brand i use is miss keys i think 12-1 or 10-1.My hair is straight and detangled after my wash with this stuff.It smells like strawberry fruit punch as well..yummy.

Back