Tangles And Breakage After Rinse

syze6

I applied a rinse to my hair after shampooing and conditioning. My hair gets so tangled and I had shedding and breakage. I have been conditioning washing and wearing protective styling for the last three weeks. I don't know what I am doing wrong or what causes the tangles so much after a rinse. I am going to get a good trim but I'm trying to understand what happens with my rinse application. When I go to the salon my hair also gets really tangled after a rinse application. I also notice that my hair has been air drying so quickly lately. I mean within 15 minutes the air is almost completely dry. What does that mean?

Are you thoroughly detangling after taking out your style with oil or conditioner? Have you clarified your hair with shampoo lately?
If you can give us a little more info on your routine maybe that will help

Maybe your hair doesn't like the rinse you're applying.

Are you natural, relaxed...? Detangling while shampooing or conditioning?

Well I didn't comb through my hair before washing it from my protective style. I had used a leave in conditioner after my co wash and applied a liquid leave in that left my hair feeling sort of crunchy. I didn't want to comb through and cause breakage. So I got in the shower and shampooed with Creme of Nature ( I hate the new formulas they have) and detangled under the running water. Then I applied the rinse and mixed Aussie conditioner with it. I then rinsed and applied CPR and rinsed and it felt sort of hard so I put suave coconut conditioner on it to give it slip.

You should apply a rinse after shampooing and before your dc. Rinses contain protein and usually leave your hair feeling harder than normal. My hair doesn't feel normal again until after the next wash day.

You should apply a rinse after shampooing and before your dc. Rinses contain protein and usually leave your hair feeling harder than normal. My hair doesn't feel normal again until after the next wash day.

Okay...it was probably protein overload. The rinse, Creme of Nature conditioning shampoo, Aussie moisturizing conditioner, CPR and then the Suave Coconut conditioner and then I applied leave in conditioner.

Back