Tangled Hair and Cut

considerate

:wallbash: I am so upset. I did the crown and glory method in my hair and had the braids in about 1 1/2mos, decided to take them out. Well I did not use a detangle shampoo on the first wash but did on the second wash. When I did my hair got soooo tangled until there was nothing I could do to get it detangled. I used the cream of nature shampoo with detangle in it and it didn't help. I used the Emergencee and it didn't help, I used conditioner and reconstructor, but nothing would get it untangled. I just had to cut it. My hair should have been about shoulder length and now it is back up to my ears and cut in a bob. I hate it but i had no choice. I will never use this method again, it is not for my hair. Now I have to start all over.

:bighug: I am super super sorry to read that. I know it is extremely disappointing. I think you can still do the crown and glory, you just need to detangle BEFORE you step in the shower. Don't be discouraged, your hair will grow back, and with your increasing knowledge it will be really pretty :) I am sure the cut you have looks lovely even though it isn't what you expected. Rock that bob cut because it won't last forever when the hair growth starts.

I know. I didn't order the detangler off of the site of the crown and glory because I thought it was too expensive. But I feel so bad right now. I still have alot of new growth but I don't even want to perm it. I may just braid it down. Ohh I am so angry.......

I know. I didn't order the detangler off of the site of the crown and glory because I thought it was too expensive. But I feel so bad right now. I still have alot of new growth but I don't even want to perm it. I may just braid it down. Ohh I am so angry.......

I'm sorry that happened to you. You could have put conditoner on dry hair when you were taking the braids down to help with the detangling. I'm sure her product works but you probably had something at home you could have used. Combing each section out after you take out each braid instead of waiting til they're all out to detangle would have helped too. It would have taken longer but you would have saved more hair. Also did you try dcing overnight? That probably would have loosened up some of the knots and tangles too.

I've used C&G for 2 years now and you definitely don't want to wet your hair before you detangle it. I don't use anything but a comb and my fingers. My hair is usually very tangled because I use a lot of product that builds up at the root. :barf: Robin has a video showing how to detangle matted hair. It works every single time. Sorry you had to cut your hair. :(

Wow Considerate....:sad: All I can say is I know the feeling (been there more than once) and I have learned my lesson W E L L.:yep: I'm really sorry this is happening to you. These kinds of setbacks are frustrating. The advice these ladies are giving you is on point. Unfortunately you have to take this one on the chin.....But now you know and I'm sure you'll let this be the last time this happens to you. Keep growing sis. :hug2:

Shame you cut your hair but I'm sure it'll grow back even lusher. I agree with the advice the ladies have given you need to comb the hair one at a time as you take the braid out if not its just too much, or i loosen a row and then detanagle, then loosen another. HHG!

I been through that trauma,my fault for not washin my hair during the 4 weeks i had in so wha a lesson to be learned .

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am just going to give my hair everything I can to make sure it grows back healthy. I still have to do a perm because of so much new growth which should give me more length. But I will keep working on getting it to grow back. Already have ordered my MTG to get started on.

I am so sorry considerate this happened. Another technique is to put oil on your braids and a spritz of some type at the ends of the braids where your hair stops in the braid.

I have been doing this with twist hair and braid hair for years and can't do it any other way. I can't take my hair down dry or soaking wet it has to be oiled and damp and I take my time and do this in sections.

You know the knowledge for growing healthy hair so it will grow back.

I know the detangling product on the site seems expensive but you get about 9 mos to a year of use out of it. It is economical in the long run because you are not constantly buying 6 oz or 12 oz bottles of detangler. This stuff if you used it every day or every other day on your braids will help with the detangling process when you decide to remove the braids. I use this and my daily spritz and my hair is very manageable when I take it down. I use the oil to not only help with detangling but with the extra hair and the snap crackle and pop.

Next time you do something like this come to us first before cutting it. That goes to everyone including me .....self, are you listening? Naw for real though maybe someone on here could help you and save you from set backs. Thats what everyone is here for right?Support?

Next time you do something like this come to us first before cutting it. That goes to everyone including me .....self, are you listening? Naw for real though maybe someone on here could help you and save you from set backs. Thats what everyone is here for right?Support?

I was thinking the same thing... talk it out before you cut it off.

I'm sorry this happened to you Considerate, even thou you know it will grow back it's still a disappointment..

I've been wearing braids extensively now for 6 months and when I decide to relax, I'm going to relax right after I remove the braids, I know some people think I should wait 2 weeks but I'm not going to risk losing all that I've probably gained in 1 year..I think I'll comb my hair after each braid, tie each section with a band of some kind and then prep for a touchup. As a matter of fact, I might need to spray some Scurl on the ends so that I'll know where the relaxed ends meet the new growth..

So sorry you lost your progress Considerate, I know how bad that feels. If this ever happens again please ask the board if you can before cutting because happens so often to many of us when stretching...also I noticed that you said you tried to detangle with shampoo and then emergencee? NEVER detangle with a protein conditioner. In my experience it just makes things worse. Next time try a slippy conditioner mixed with oil, after you have detangled with your fingers. ((hugs)) to you, it will grow back in no time.

Back