Talid Waajid Curly Curl Creme Product Review

hnntrr

So I didn't see a review for this specifically so I decided I would write a little about it for those who were interested in how it worked for me. This is my first "review" so bear with me! Sorry I don't have any photos, I will try to add some tomorrow for you though!

This is a description of the product from off the site:

Non-greasy herbal hair cream that revitalizes curls and eliminates frizz.
Conditions and nourishes hair while adding shine and moisture.
Holds hair and styles in place. Easily shampoos out with no
build up.

The Ingredients are as follows:
Deionized Water , PEG-75 Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) , Sage Extract , DMDM Hydantoin , Vegetable Glycerin , Burdoc Protein , Sodium Polyacrylate , Ethylhexyl , Trideceth-6 Fragrance.

First Impressions: BSS Store
I was honestly looking for a different product but ended on settling upon this after doing like 5 minutes of research on LCHF. I read a few places that the Bodifer worked well for people but there were a lot of mixed reviews for the Curly Curl Creme.

The item was priced at 8.99 at the BSS in SoMD which was is affordable for me. The 16oz version of it was 21.99 and seemed to be priced reasonably. This sells on amazon for around 9 bucks, and on the manufacturers site for about 8 bucks, it sells for around 8 at Walgreens online as well.

First Impressions: Home
When I opened the jar I thought it looked a little stiff, and when handling it it was a little ...gluey? Like a heavy edge putty. To be honest it threw me off a bit but when I rubbed it around in my hands it melted and dissipated evenly. It does not have a strong smell at all but the smell that it does have is pleasant. It did not feel overly greasy in my hands, just a little thick.

Application:
I followed my normal regimen (lo po, 4a, mixture of coarse/fine, twa) detangling, shampooing and conditioning. I plopped my hair for about 5 minutes and then put about two quarter sized in my hair and spread through my hair on about 60% damp hair. I ended up flat twisting my hair down that night and wearing a hat the next day.

Putting it on all over was not successful, it did not leave my hair defined in any real way, but did a really good job slicking down my edges. (I kind of chalk it up to not being able to apply moisturizer to my hair in one go as a rule anyway).

Yesterday I was going out so I decided to do a puff. I left one of the flat twists in to change up how I style and used nylon to pull my hair back into a large puff.

During the application I, sectioned off about 8 sections of hair into bantu knots and worked each section individually. I sprayed with a mixture of EVOO and water until it was soaked. I then took about a pea sized amount of the TW on each section. Just from the application of the TW my hair was really soft, non greasy/waxy defined. I did as about a pea sized amount of Eco Stylver EVOO to help seal each section. I then lightly defused and then pinned each section down. When I was finally done I took all the pins out and fluffed up my hair.

I shook my hair and it ACTUALLY MOVED. My hair has never done that. I did diffuse my hair until it was about 60% dry and let it dry the rest of the way. When my hair was completely dry on day 1 it was really soft and bouncy. My curls were not enlarged and sit nicely. It also left my hair really shiny and bright (I think its also the water at my parents house but I have to experiment with it when I get back to boston).

Today is day two of this puff and I am definitely surprised. I ended up lightly twisting my puff back overnight so it wouldnt mush the curls too much. I took my hair down and all the curls were defined and they were not smooshed like they usually are after sleeping on them. My hair is still really bouncy and soft and didnt feel overly dry or waxy. I did spritz my hair a bit with water to control the way the curls were laying but over all my hair is moving and it feels really good.

I was worried that it would be to heavy for my hair but it seems to be working really well.

Pros:
  • Affordably priced for my price range
  • The smell is not overpowering, its light and candyish which I like
  • It feels goods upon application but I did notice that it applied better on soaking hair/really damp hair than on dry hair.
  • The thickness of it makes me use less product which hopefully means it will last longer.
  • Its CG method approved (for me at least)
  • I believe this is a Black Owned Company (yay)

Cons:
  • It is a little thick and gummy.
  • It has glycerin in it, which concerns me because of the cold dry air in Boston (I will have to see when I get there but so far its ok)
  • I am protein sensitive and it has Burdock Protein in it
  • It is hard to use if I am heavy handed.

Over all I really like it so far. I was concerned that the thickness would weigh my hair down but my hair actually moves when its dry (like if I shake my head). My hair feels soft and bouncy and although I may have to chalk some of the success up to my moms soft water machine but overall I really like it. Ill take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Hopefully this was helpful. !

I am glad it worked out well for you. This is a good review for your first one :yep:

And yeah we need some pictures. That is your mission tonight. I will be waiting patiently :lol:

I have not noticed that the burdock protein has any ill effects. And it will definitely teach you how to not be as heavy handed with products. It also lasts a long time.

Photos Set 1: This is my hair with the TW Curly Curl day 2. A little frizzy but I didnt add anymore product and I spritz with water this morning to refresh the curls.

I also included a picture of the product in the jar and what it about the same amount I put on my hair to show thickness.

I don't have any before pics just because I did know I was going to be writing this but. When I wash next week I will give an update with the water change and before and after pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg