Taking the BKT plunge.....

MsLizziA

Winter 2011! I have made up my mind that i want to at least try it BUT i want FORMALDEHYDE FREE version. I mean COMPLETELY free. Aight yall i need suggestions, recommendations, experience stories, how it held up against humidity, and etc..

I also need to know if after the 3 to 4 months your hair reverted back to the EXACT same way it was before the BKT. If it didn't im not doing it......

I have fine kinky hair and I had a section of my hair done. It never reverted. If your hair is like mine-it may not revert. If you want straight hair-cool. Otherwise if you want to still be able to do a wash n go- then not cool. It has a slight wave to it now..like heat damage-but def. not my natual texture.

lol @ winter 2011! I thought when u said you were taking the plunge U meant sometime sooner.... like this year!

well the upside is you can follower other lhcf-ers and see if they use it long term. its still too new of a treatment for me.... I wanna know the long term effects

Since you won't be doing it until late next year, I strongly suggest you start perusing the bkt thread. It has a lot of awesome information.

Yea it did but i plan to show off my length by then.. LMAO at the fact that you remember that thread! Im sure i will get sick though :barf:

LOL Normally my memory is poop but I remembered the murder part, which I thought was so funny :grin: Sorry! I wasn't trying to put you on the spot like that :nono:

I think it's a good idea waiting till next year, because you get to learn from other's mistakes. And who knows what will different formulations will pop up.

Sorry, I have nothing else to offer, I just wanted to say that. :laugh:

I think it's a good idea waiting till next year, because you get to learn from other's mistakes. And who knows what will different formulations will pop up.

Sorry, I have nothing else to offer, I just wanted to say that. :laugh:
lol... thanks for ur input.. i guess

I have a feeling that the whole BKT thing sort went out of fashion because people were not having the greatest experiences with it. I could be way off though. I'd skip it altogether.

Back