Taking a Chance on Love

Ms Red

Have you ever taken a chance on love or someone?

I ask because I am at the beginning of something good (who knows if it will be a relationship or what)... but I guess I have some things holding me back. Maybe past relationships not working out; fear of getting into something "new"...

If you've taken a chance on love, how did it work out?
How did you just 'let go and do it'? Hope I'm making some sense.

Thanks!

When I moved to Arizona with my ex bf, I was definitely taking a chance on love.

It wasn't until I came back that I found out just how crazy a lot of folks thought I was for going in the first place. I didn't know anyone there, hell, I'd never even been there! But it was something I needed to do for myself. I was so bored with my life and needed a change.

While it didn't work out the way I hoped it would, I don't really regret it. I came back knowing that I did everything I could, I gave my all and I'd never have to look back and wonder if things would have been different had I done x, y or z.

It's not easy to explore the unknown. But sometimes you just have to follow your heart.

Hope that helps a little.

I'm right at the crossroads right now about taking a chance on love.

I've realized that I cannot live my life in fear of making mistakes. And if this works out, it will work out very, very, very well. I'm at the point where I'm willing to work with what we have, figure out the rest, and make it work the best we know how.

Damn what anyone else has to say - or thinks - about it.

Hey MzLady, this helps a lot. Thank you. Re: the bolded-- sometimes I feel like you have to step out on faith if you think you've found the 'right one.' Although it didn't work out for you, I'm so glad to see that you don't have regrets and that it was more of a growing experience. :)
When I moved to Arizona with my ex bf, I was definitely taking a chance on love.

It wasn't until I came back that I found out just how crazy a lot of folks thought I was for going in the first place. I didn't know anyone there, hell, I'd never even been there! But it was something I needed to do for myself. I was so bored with my life and needed a change.

While it didn't work out the way I hoped it would, I don't really regret it. I came back knowing that I did everything I could, I gave my all and I'd never have to look back and wonder if things would have been different had I done x, y or z.

It's not easy to explore the unknown. But sometimes you just have to follow your heart.

Hope that helps a little.

I could have written this entire post. :yep:

I'm 27 and I'm scared to go out on a limb *knowing* that this could turn into something great. Fear of failure. :ohwell::nono:

Damn that! I'm ready to explore this relationship :yep:
I'm right at the crossroads right now about taking a chance on love.

I've realized that I cannot live my life in fear of making mistakes. And if this works out, it will work out very, very, very well. I'm at the point where I'm willing to work with what we have, figure out the rest, and make it work the best we know how.

Damn what anyone else has to say - or thinks - about it.

Don't be paralyzed by fear! You could be missing out on a wonderful relationship, as well as learning/growth experiences because of fear. Instead of not trying at all, just proceed with caution.

Have you ever taken a chance on love or someone?

I wish I did but never have..too scared :nono:...that's why I'm 35 and still haven't fell in love (deep anyway) only lust.

I never let myself become emotionally vunerable. God is working on me though :Blush2:

ahhhhhhh ...that's lovely..of course take a chance on love

as for me..... I am like that song

Everytime I turn around....I'm back in lo-ove again
right back...right back..in lo-ove again
seems like seems like
I'm BACK in lo-vve again

I JUST can't believe it
right back right back

Thank you :kiss: I am doing this day by day. :yep:
Don't be paralyzed by fear! You could be missing out on a wonderful relationship, as well as learning/growth experiences because of fear. Instead of not trying at all, just proceed with caution.

I feel like you will be greatly rewarded by taking time to work on 'you.' I'm there as well. . .
I wish I did but never have..too scared :nono:...that's why I'm 35 and still haven't fell in love (deep anyway) only lust.

I never let myself become emotionally vunerable. God is working on me though :Blush2:

Kayte- If only I could be so vulnerable! :spinning:

YankGal007- I'm jumping in with both eyes open. Cautiously but not holding back. If that makes sense :)

Back