sweetcakes14....I gat ta call ya out!

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Since she leaves no place for comments in her albums I'm having my say here.................All I can say is...WOW!

Your hair has come a long way since May. It's so full and shiny. I know you are very pleased.....What's your regimen? Tells us what you are doing...

I pray I can see these kind of results. You are definitely bookmarked!

Keep up the good work! :up:

HHG-

~op~

WOW! Thank you! My goodness, it's taken me a long time to get here. After experiencing severe shedding for one year (after I got my hair highlighted), I did a search and found this forum. After spending hours reading through the posts, I drastically changed what I was doing to my hair and now have a regimen that I am happy with:

Regimen:
- Wash once a week (Tuesday or Wednesday) with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I alternate weekly between a moisturizing conditioner (Salerm Wheat Germ) and mild protein (Aubrey Organics GPB).
- Do a Condition Wash once a week (Saturday morning) with Suave Humectanct Conditioner mixed with EVOO and honey
- I now detangle my hair while the conditioner is still in. It works wonders and I practically have no shedding when I am setting my hair.
- MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE. I didn't realize how important this was and had I found the forum months earlier, I might have not lost as much hair as I did. I use ORS Olive Oil Lotion mixed with EVOO twice a day.
- I roller set my hair, so I rarely use any direct heat.
- I get my hair relaxed every 8 weeks with Mizani Sensitive Scalp and do an intense protein treatment with Emergencee.
- During the week I try to just wear my hair in a bun. It's kinda boring, but at least it's not getting caught in my sweaters and I'm protecting my ends.

That's about it, it's taking some trial and error, but this seems to work for me. Hope this helps. Thanks again for the compliment. This is just a testiment that what I've learned from the forum is working. Thanks to everyone who has provided inspiration and guidance! This forum is a godsend!

your hair looks much healthier and thicker...looks great....i know how you felt after you got your highlights that happened to me as well...great progress...

Thanks Dangerously Shy. Never again will I color my hair. This is the 2nd time that I colored it and it broke off. I am just going to have to get used to my own hair color.

Back