Sweating and hair breakage

dahllia

How many people have to rinse, condition wash or shampoo their hair every single day after they work out? I do any of the above because I read that sweat makes your hair break off. I condition wash my hair every other day, rinse on the other days, and shampoo and deep condition once a weak. Dont get me wrong, I love it. I have grown quite accustomed to wetting my hair in the shower all the time and Im taking advantage of the summer time to do this because I know it might not be wise to do it in the winter as much. It makes me feel completely clean every day as opposed to washing your hair once a week not to mention, my hair is much softer and I have very little breakage, I attribute this to a poster who said comb your hair under the shower head while you rinse the condtioner out, the comb just glides through my hair and Im tangle free before I even step out the shower. Ooop, Im going sorta off track. What I really want to know is, cant you just rinse you hair and scalp sometimes without shampoo or conditioner? In other words, do I condition wash too much?

i just rinse sometimes to get the sweat out...I think there is a daily rinsing thread, have you seen it?

Each persons hair type is different. Even I have succes with either one at different times. Mostly I rinse my hair every evening with out using conditoner but there comes a time when I can't do it. There are times when I need to conditon my hair daily. So it depends on what your hair's attitude is at that time.

DO you deep conditon often then maybe you can just rinse for a few day, things like that will depend.

I tell myself that there is no rule except giving my hair what it needs at the time it needs it because my hair changes alot.

No I havent seen it yet, but believe me I try to go back as far as I can to find answers before I post a question. I'll keep trying, thanx.
smirk.gif

I have been working out every morning and have noticed that i sweat a lot in this Oklahoma heat! The temperature climbed to 108 in my area last week! Well i've been washing my hair twice a week and haven't been noticing any breakage. I usually wear my satin cap and or my cotton head band and it absorbs a lot of the sweat. But i feel you on the clean thing, there's nothing like a good wash of the hair to feel your freshest.

God bless

crystal

It depends on how much I sweat...if my scalp and hair gets wet(which it usually does) I lightly shampoo my scalp only with dilluted shampoo applied to my scalp with a coloring bottle. If I only sweat slightly then I just rinse thorughly with warmed distilled water(the whole gallon).

When I work out, I must rinse my scalp thoroughly. I usually use a light conditioner. I try to workout about three times a week, but I am increasing the times I workout to either 4 or 5 ,so I will condition wash my hair more frequently. I do this because I don't like to comb my hair when I finish exercising because it feels dry and dirty.

Back