Surprising BSS Visit

CAPlush

Yesterday, I went to the BSS to waste an hour while I waited for the time to get closer for my doc's appt., so I went to the nearest one which happened to be on the poorer side of town, also known as "the hood." It looked like the worst of the worst on the outside, with bars on the windows and outdated posters. I went in, and was absolutely floored by how neat, clean, and organized the BSS was. None of the products were dusty, it smelled good, there were NO CAMERAS, and the clerk did not watch me (he was into his newspaper). On top of that, everything was about a $1 cheaper than I'm used to paying at the BSS in my neighborhood! I may have to go back to stock up on staples, because I don't know where else I can get my ORS lye relaxer for $5.99, or Motions CPR for $3.99.

There is no point to this story, I just wanted to share:)

Nice! The BSS down the street from me is well kept too, but the prices are like :eek: . I won't even discuss the cramped, nasty BSS next to my office building. Blech.

It's so comforting to find a well-kept store to shop in.

Kewl beans!!!! Nothing better than a clean, organized, and inexpensive BSS!!! :D

Thanks for sharing.....

It just occurred to me, everything was probably cheaper because the rent is likely cheaper in that particular area. If you don't mind going into the belly of the beast (I doesn't bother me because I grew up in that neighborhood!), then maybe you can find cheaper products too.

I am leary of the shops in the hood, I wonder if the products are authentic, you know they can conterfit anything.

Back