Surge Challengers Update week 1

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hey everyone!

Here is my update after the first week. My hair is stronger and my newgrowth is much softer. I don't know if it is due to the surge or the MSM I am taking. Actually my newgrowth is so much softer that it is really not noticeable at all. I just slick my hair back in a ponytail and put on my bun.

How is everyone else doing?

I've noticed a difference as well. Usually at 4 weeks post relaxer I have to get a touch up because my new growth is so unmanagable by that time. My newgrowth is much softer. I'm detoxing so I'm not taking any supplements so I know it's Surge. I'm not sure about the growth though. I can't tell how much length is there but I do feel it when I message my scalp.

It seems like my newgrowth is coming in fairly straight. I will have to see when I get a couple of inches what the real deal is though. But usually by know I have to work harder to slick my hair back. I relaxed about 2 weeks ago and the relax still looks as fresh as day one. But how would I know, I am always slicking it back into a ponytail!

I am currently wearing braids, but I can tell my hair has definitely grown. I even asked my mother to make sure it wasn't just the braids slipping, she said it was definitely new growth. I have had my braids in for two weeks.

I can see a noticeable difference since last week it is softer and longer. Please keep in mind that I actually started using the Surge 3wks ago.

My edges are puffier. I imagine it's because of the growth I've experienced. I measured my hair and discovered it had grown a whole inch in the past month (usually I get 1/4 inches). I don't know if it's attributed to Surge since it's been awhile since I measured my hair.

I've been using Surge on my little cousins hair too. I've been braiding it with extensions. She's shown significant new growth too. I'd say at least an inch in 1 month.

Hey guys,

I relaxed my hair last Sunday and started the surge on Monday. I already have new growth. I noticed it on Thursday. It's very soft which while not a bad thing -- it's just not what I'm used to. I'm spraying it on my scalp and immediately sealing it with S-curl. I'm very excited with the new growth I have in just one week.

I just rec'd my Surge last week. I added a little to a rosemary spritz that I have. I don't spray it on my scalp every day. I just use it to add moisture to my hair before I leave the house in the morning and when I go to bed at night. Do you think this will offer the same results? I was worried about the protein that had been mentioned in the product and was skeptical about the ingredients I had never heard of. BTW, my hair reverts on me when I try to pull it into a bun wet. I have to tie it down tightly every night to keep the naps at the nape of my neck smooth. Should I be using the Surge straight? Is my combo spritz hindering the process?

To answer your question Bee, when I get my hair straightened, I do not use Surge in the same manner, because I don't want my hair to revert. I will spray it in my hand and put in my hair or mix it with some grease or something.

As far as the new growth goes, I was saying on the other post that my new growth seems so soft and I was wondering if Surge has MSM in it, because I don't take MSM. I have braids and my new growth is not as thick and hard as it usually is when I have braids, plus it's only about to be week 4 and my braids are already looking old.

Chipmunk, we need to talk, because we can track down our growth with the braids and whatever else is going on with our hair while braided.

DDHair I was thinking the same thing. My new growth is really soft and wavy. this is new for me because I have very tight 4a curls. I'am not taking any MSM at the moment only biotin and alfalfa supplements

My new growth is really wavy. I don't even remember it being like this! Some parts of my hair have even developed a looser curl. I am detoxing also so I have not been taking any MSM for the pass week. I don't know it is the Surge or the MSM.

[ QUOTE ]
ellemoe22 said:
DDHair I was thinking the same thing. My new growth is really soft and wavy. this is new for me because I have very tight 4a curls. I'am not taking any MSM at the moment only biotin and alfalfa supplements

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! I hope they curl up some more when my hair gets longer...

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
Chipmunk, we need to talk, because we can track down our growth with the braids and whatever else is going on with our hair while braided.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay.

Well, Im hooked on Surge, I already purchased 3 more bottles for the future. My new growth is softer, my hairline looks prettier than it has ever been. My mom said it's looking like it did when I was a baby. I was soooo happy to hear this because when I first came to this board, it was thinning, other things Ive done have helped grow it back but the Surge, gave it a softer look. Surge is definitely a keeper
up.gif
. My hair also feels much stronger than before and it stopped shedding. Before this, I was afraid to comb my hair cause hair was always coming out (over moisturized, I believe). I can only imagine what 14 days to a month will bring. Of course, I dont expect 4 inches, I could never be so lucky. I'd like to use it throughout my 13 month bun challenge. I also feel it discharges the right amount of protein for every day use, without feeling like OVERLOAD. Plus the oil, or vasaline or what ever we use to seal it helps. I also spritz water through out the day to make sure I never encounter a hard feeling, since some here have complained of that. Okay I've rambled enough
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif

Wow! Congrats. on your progress ladies. Looser curls, smoother hair? I wonder if I can transition with this product. (I am on the challenge but I get my bottle tomorrow--cant wait to start.)

HoneyLemonDrop mentioned reduced shedding. Anyone else experience this? And what about reduced breakage, anyone notice a change?

Hmmmmmmmm
scratchchin.gif

I've been in cornrows since last Thursday, and I have noticed a more growth than usual, but I'm not sure if I can attribute this to my vitamin regimen (maybe it's finally kicking in) or the Surge.

Ahhh... who cares? All I know is that these cornrows were so tight that were making my eyes slant last week and I have about 1/4 inch of growth in the crown today as well as at least 1/8 inch of growth on the edges!
clap.gif

MAN THIS IS INSANE. why did i click on this thread. i would hate to go all the way to walgreens only to find its not there. i will have to wait this one out. *sigh* God bless you all.

i recently got a touchup, say 2mons ago and my hair was what i considered too straight; now that i've been using surge for the past 3 days my hair is reverting! i'm torn becuase i want my relaxer to last, but i also want to reap the benifits of the surge. does anyone have any ideas how i can use the surge without having my hair revert?

Where can I get Surge in the South Florida area??? Someone help.. I have been to 4 Walgreens stores in Dade and Broward and ... nada!!!! Thanks in advance.

its been a week so i can't really say. im getting used to my hair in the first place after having braids. also- a tip for the future- i delayed starting biotin so i could tell which was working - surge or the vitamins. i continued my regular vitamin plan, msm and a multi as usual so i had a constant to compare against. sometimes its best to delay starting something new, or not to start new things at once so you can get to the root of what works and what doesn't.

Wow, great results for everyone so far I see...

well, it's been a week for me, and my hair is softer, puffier, yet, I can control it a little better (in terms of slicking it down-without the use of gel...although it's probably the setting lotion that's doing that).
I can't tell any change in length because my hair is natural, but like I said, softer, bigger, and maybe even stronger (although I usually don't lose many hairs daily any way)

My roots are softer and puffier.I got my touch up 2 weeks ago, so I should really be able to tell in the upcoming weeks

what is Surge? What is it suppose to do? I'm sorry if this question have been answered

I just got mine yesterday so I am starting today. Surge is a leave in Spray that claims to increase growth in 14 days. Look back a couple of days and you''' find a 200post thread about surge.

i'm about to take back my surge ladies... i don't know how well it works because i've only used it for 4days; but in those days the hair close to my scalp has reverted while the hair from that point on has stayed straight so i'm dealing with combing 2 different hair textures which we all know isn't good for your hair, in that you have to be extra careful. i don't know... when i comb my hair it's starting to break off... i guess i'll have to try something else
anyone else have this problem?

someone mentioned mixing it with hair grease, although i considered that, oil and water don't mix do they, so i'm wondering if that would really benefit my hair?

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I just got mine yesterday so I am starting today. Surge is a leave in Spray that claims to increase growth in 14 days. Look back a couple of days and you''' find a 200post thread about surge.

[/ QUOTE ] I was kinda lazy to read through it
tongue.gif
..I will be getting it this week and try with my cornrows

OK I must admit, that I have been secretly looking for this product
laugh.gif
. I'm trying to be so strong. I had one of my husband's friend in VA Beach looking for it in Walgreens yesterday before he came down here today
laugh.gif
(yes I got clowned). Well he didn't find it and I am still without the Surge. I must admit, this thread isn't helping matters any. Do I need it? NO, But I've got to be in know
grin.gif
. Thus I will be ordering it YALL
clap.gif
I give in to the Surge. I'll let yall know when I get and start using it.
cool.gif

Back