Surge & Braids

LondonDiva

Would using surge on the scalp daily cause a build at the base of the braids. I'm going to be steering clear of oils whilst in braids. I got so much gunk at the base before it wasn't even funny.

I got my braids put in again in Nov like 14th... I've been seeing more build up since spraying everyday. Hindsight, I wouldn't have been speaying so often. (Plus I don't wash my hair while it's in braids so the build up is *really* building up!

(It's like I scratch my head for a second and umm... well you know the rest)

the buildup is minimal, but you need to be washing your hair anyways, maybe every 2 weeksto keep it in healthy condition/

LD, I was just about to post the same! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Question...will rinsing your braids daily be a problem? Even if I just put the ends in a ponytail and pour water down my scalp?

I'm just worried about scalp irritation. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I don't have a problem w/bad build up.I spray my hair with surge 1-2x a day, and wash my braids 1x a week. I think the key to not having any irritation is to mix a few drops of oil to your surge. remember though the more you wash your braids the more they can become frezzie. my braids last me 1-2 month depending on what I do to them.

I dont have a problem with build-up either. I spray my hair once with Surge and then again with Sulfur 8 every day. I dont wash my braids (I only wear cornrows..I might rinse them but I dont wash them).

I Surge everyday(mixed with Sta Sof Fro and peppermint oil), the only problem I have is with scalp exfoliation, I don't have any build up, but I would recommend washing at least every other week at minimum, I usually wash every week.

I posted about the gunk that I had when removing my braids last night. I have worn breids b4 and never seen so much of it. The only thing different I've done is surge. I didn't rinse daily like the instructions say though....

Surge and oil didnt leave a build up in my braids, I guess that is because I washed my hair every two weeks after I had my braids for a month. I wouldn't worry about the buildup just know that you are getting a lot of growth from using Surge while you have braids.

Back