Surge and Extensions/Braids

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I feel like I am having Deja vu here cuz I feel like I may have asked this before in another forum or something......or maybe here....anyhow...

For those of you who are wearing Braids or whatever and are also using SUrge....how are you doing this?? Is your hair growing super fast? Do you have to go for "updates" or whatever more often since using Surge? How do you manage your briads AND the Surge at the same time? How's the new growth coming? THanks!!!

I got extension braids 4 days ago and I have just started using surge on them so I can't say what results I have received yet, but I will keep you updated with my results. I hoping for mad growth
smile.gif
I'm so glad that my mom does my braids and I don't have to pay
laugh.gif

I used surge for about 2 weeks while my hair was in braids and then stopped due to irritation. My scalp was turning red and itching like crazy.

I'm using Surge with twist extensions and I am having phenomonal growth. It is a tiny bit irratating, but I only spray my scalp and not my hair once in the morning and follow it up with Elasta Mango Butter and Saniyyah Always Pomade after to ease up on the dryness and irritation.

Well, I am too broke to get extensions now...lol....but sure wish I could!!! My hair is a mess but i cant afford a perm just yet and my sister doesnt want to take me up there....the lady who gives the best perms and is the cheapest around here takes FOR EV ER to do hair...better have a few hours to kill!!!

I have extentions and have be surging for the past 2 days. It's too soon to tell, but I'll be sure to keep you all posted. I'm hoping to get a good amount of growth this summer...time will tell.

I've had kinky twist for over 2 months now. I used Surge followed by braid spray everyday for almost a month... then my hands began to burn and itch. I got cortizon cream, shea butter and all sorta of stuff.. I also stopped using the surge everyday. Now my hands don't bother me as much. I do think I acheived a little more growth than usual.. but the irritation is pain. Now I use the surge with gloves every other day followed by braid spray and oil. Plus I wash AND condition at least once per week..always

One month after I perm my hair, I braid it for 3 to 4 weeks twice back to back before I perm again. I don't use surge much when I don't have braids but I use it almost twice daily when I do. I get a lot of dandruff using surge, so what I do is put some rosemary oil in the bottle. That seem to really help and I can go one to two weeks without washing my hair when I have the braids on. I do notice faster growth when using surge. Even more when I added rosemary oil to it. I'm not having as much growth as I've heard other people on this board do though.

I have another concoction that I use on my ends once or twice daily. Basically its a mixture of surge, rosemary oil, infusium 23 and whatever other non creamy leave in I have...

P.S. Thanks to LHCF members wonderful advices my hair don't shed like crazy anymore when I take my braids out!

I wouldn't use Surge whilst wearing braids, as it won't be able to be properly washed out.

I got a lot of growth wearing braids and spraying S-curl on my scalp and new growth. I think keeping it moist like that is what made the difference. Last year I got good growth but not nearly as much as I did this year with the S-curl. About 4 inches in almost 5 months.

I have been using Surge on my relaxed hair since Jan 2004. I got braids a week ago and I still use my Surge once or twice daily depending my schedule. I haven't had any adverse reactions to Surge and it gives me 3/4 to 1 inch per month.

<font color="purple">I've been using Surge since March 04 and have seen amazing results around my front temple areas. I'm in braids right now, and I don't use it that much. If I do, it'll be every other week with my glycerine/distilled water/olive oil mix, but only on my scalp. BTW, I don't have any problems with the product. All I can say that it's working like clockwork. Toodles </font>

i used surge with cornrows and rinsed every day or every other day. The braids had to be removed sooner though because they were frizzy. but i did get a little more than a half an inch in 2 weeks. (i kept them in while they were frizzy!)

I've had corn rows for almost 2 weeks and I'm noticing that the hairline is filling in a little more. I use the surge 2x a day just on my hairline &amp; kitchen and I spray it all over 2 days out of the week.

Ive had corrows for up to 4 weeks and I used surge without any iritation and i used sulphur8 to ease the itching .But i must say that i never really saw that much growth .
So im gonna try 6 weeks this time with surge twice a day all day with a little coconut oil smothered over after use

I am currently in braids and I am surging 2xs a day. My hair is growing really fast. I am going to have to be clever in trying to keep these in until Sept. because they are already looking ragedy from all the newgrowth. I think I will redo the front and back and were them in a ponytail or bun to help hide all of the newgrowth.

I've used Surge for a month now on my braids along with the S-Curl moisturizer and Better Braids hair and scalp oil and the results have been tremendous. I have so much new growth which I always get when I wear braids, but this time it's more than normal. I can usually keep my braids in for at least 2 months but this time I don't know because of the rate my hair is growing. I don't give the credit totally to Surge though, keeping my hair moisturized and washing often has helped also. I'm going to hold on to my braids as long as I can, I tie my hair down at night and that seems to help.

Surge &amp; Braids = Some good growth! I used Surge for almost 2 weeks and received a substantial amount of growth. I believe I got 7/8" all around including the edges and 1-2" in the middle of my head. I sprayed Surge two times a day and followed with some type of oil or moisturizer. I've recently taken my braids down so I won't be able to get as much of an even coverage on my hair with Surge but we'll see if it still works without braids...

this summer i'm going to start doing my own braids whenever i get that Robin Woods braid video. I plan on going back to Surge. I like the fast growth, but it makes my already dry scalp dryer. Hmm I need to find something to counteract the dryness.

I just received Surge in the mail today...I'm starting today...I'm a lil worried about the irritation that others experienced...
ohwell.gif

I'm wearing extentions too but I am not surging my scalp because it was irritating for me but I bought some Botin cream that I massage daily into my scalp.

I think the irritation can be cut by daily rinsing. I'm in braids and do daily conditioning washes with diluted conditioner. This seems to have helped. However, it appears that these braids won't be able to stay in more than 2 months as I have substantial growth. I got it braided July 15, so this will be week 4 and the braids have grown away from the scalp quite a bit. I used kanekalon hair with my braids. It's so much easier to manage this way. I'm planning on doing a one year braid-a-thon to ensure I get to brastrap or longer by next year this time.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Shatani said:
how diluted is your ocnditioner, diva??

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually take an empty plastic bottle into the shower with me and squirt some conditioner in there. I add enough water so that when I shake it up, it gets foamy. When poured in my hand, it has a slick feel. Hope that doesn't sound too confusing... I'll try and measure next time to give you an idea of consistency.
smile.gif

Back