Super relaxed ladies to regular relaxed-no-lye or lye advice needed

sydney100

Ladies-

I've been using a super relaxer for at least the ten years. (Creme of nature no-lye)

First, I want to swith to lye relaxers because i find I have to moisturize my hair at least two to three times a day. Second, I want to go from super to regular if it will straighten my hair. I don't bone straighten, I like a little texture.

I want to say since I've started my long hair care journey my hair has reached lengths I havent seen since 3rd grade, but I do want to switch to a lye relaxer because my is constantly dry.

What lye relaxers do you guys recommend? Has anyone switched from super to regular and what results did you get?

When I used lye, I liked Mizani. I used mizani regular. Some people said it was too much for their scalp but I never had a problem with that. I didnt use the Butter Blends but lots of people get good results with that.

Have you tried using a chelating shampoo, to get rid of the calcium buildup from no lye? Now I am using no lye and I do get dryness but I think I was getting the same dryness when I used lye, so I think my dryness might be due to something else.

I been using ORS no-lye when i started relaxing at home and I could not figure out why the heck my hair was so dry after moisturizing a few hours ago. I called my old stylest and she said she has always used lye. Looking back my hair was long and healthy so ....

after much LHCF searches and research I decided to go with Hawiian Silky Lye - Mild. My cousin uses this and her hair is always on point, so thats what i recommend or ORS - Regular Lye

I have never gone from super to anything because im scared of overprocessing with that but i would reccomend Hawaiian Silky, ORS lye and Mizani BB all regular. I've seen all with fab results

HTH.

Back