Super conditioners (A question for type 4 naturals)

Caramel Jewel

I'm transitioning.....(sigh)....when I had a full relaxed head most conditioners left my hair slippery soft after rinsing (like soft butter)....are their conditioners on the market that would do the same for natural hair.

also, what products are designed specifically for natural hair....as opposed to relaxed and natural/relaxed hair

My dd is natural 4a and I have yet to find a conditioner that leaves her hair buttery soft :perplexed I'm gonna order some AO HSR and see if that does the trick. I lot of people, including naturals, love it

As a natural, I can't live without AO Honeysuckle Rose. The shampoos sucks though. New to WEN but after two uses impressed--I still use AO HSR as a conditioner afterwards.

i use eluence moisture balance conditioner. this stuff is very concentrated. it gives slip, but it doesn't leave the hair coated, just moisturized. remember that they way how conditioner felt on your relaxed hair is going to feel different on your natural hair. don't be heavy-handed, and make sure that you use a good moisturizer afterwards.

i used Qhemet Biologics on my hair. they are great if you like products with oils in them.

Last edited:
After all my dc's i still end up using Tressemme Moisture Rich conditioner, it is absolutely fabulous, it softens my hair and gives unreal slip and makes it sooo easy to style, i always go back to it, no matter what i use...and it's so cheap, like $6 for a huge bottle.

Aveda Damage Restructuring Conditioner
AO Honeysuckle (though, it leaves more build up than I like)
Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp Conditioner
Shescentit Banana Brulee
Shescentit Fortifying Hair Mask

You can also add oils like olive oil, jojoba oil and my fave grapeseed oil to your conditioners for extra moisture.

And moisturizers are just as important as your deep conditioner.

I love and swear by unrefined shea butter.

I recently fell in love with and will not be without Aussie Moist! Love the price ($3.99) and available at Walgreens. (See avatar).

I also LOVE J\A\S\O\N 84% Pure Aloe Vera Conditioner. Super thick and gives good slip. Available at the Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods.

http://www.jasoncosmetics.com/hair-shampoo.html

Last edited:
I have that...it feels liks it just sits on my hair.....

darn...it works for some, and not for others.

maybe one of the aubrey organics conditioners will work for u.

i really hope you can find something that works for you. other good suggestions are in the thread though.

Jessicurl TooShea
Curl Junkie Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix
MopTop Daily Conditioner
Robert Craig
GVP Matrix Conditioning Balm
John Masters Citrus & Neroli (watch the protein)
Trader Joe Nourish (if you can handle the protein)

I use Pantene Deep Conditioning Masque with a hint of Roux Porosity Control, my super duper dry hair loves this mix and the comb just glides right through.

Yesterday I used ORS hair mayo and a blend of oils. My hair was dancing with joy. Now ORS is a light protein, but my hair seems to really like it even though my hair does not like too much protein.
ORS mayo will be a staple for sure.

Too be honest as a natural head (4a/b) it has been a bit of a struggle to find a conditioner that has all the good properties ie. mositurizing, nourishing, slip etc. but I tried Long Lovely Locks Green Tea Conditioner and it's really, really good. more trials of course will determine it's staplebility (yeah I said it lol) but it's looking very promising for this conditioner :grin:

GreenTeaHairGloss1107.jpg

The perfect compliment to Long Lovely Locks Green Tea Hair Cleanse. Green Tea Hair Gloss will simply glide onto your hair and leave it shiny and glossy. Moisture and slip will be yours. This is a "smart" conditioner that will up the moisture content of your just washed hair. Will leave your hair feeling fresh and you ... refreshed!

Green tea and essential oils combine to form a super rich and ultra-silky hair conditioner that seemingly converts your hair to silk. Nourishes and fortifies each strand from the inside out. Designed to discourage hair matting and seemingly "separates" each strand during the conditioning process, which makes for ease in combing and styling. Your hair will thank you!

How to Use: Apply to towel dried hair. Leave on for 15 minutes. For an extra conditioning deep treat, cover hair with plastic cap and leave on for 30 minutes.

10 oz

Ingredients: botanical extract of bhringraj in purified water, vegetable emulsifier, almond oil, wheat germ oil, aloe vera gel, honey, fragrance

Conditioners that give my hair slip Trader Joes Nourish Spa and Giovanni Smooth as Silk.

Conditioners that Moisturize and Condition hahaha Elasta QP DPR-11 and Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose, and AO Island Naturals.

I need to do a deep condition today eventhough I kind of did one this weekend. I might not it's raining. GROSS!

Nexxus Humectress doesn't have much slip at all, but it always left my natural 4a hair super soft, I don't rinse it out though.

Conditioner doesn't really seem to provide my hair "slip." But my favorite conditioners are:

-Jessicurl Too Shea
-MasterCuts Vitamin C (conditioner and mask)
-DesignLine Olive Oil Conditioner
-Trader Joe's Nourish
-Aubrey Organics HSR, White Camellia, GPB

Oyin has a good condish - but try adding Honey and Olive oil to your current mix. that may help.
I was just going to suggest doctoring up some of your existing conditioners as well. Honey is a humectant, but also softens and adds shine. I like grapeseed oil too in my condish.
I have that...it feels liks it just sits on my hair.....
Do you ever chelate or clarify? I'm not completely natural yet, but a good majority of my hair is (3c/4a for reference sake). I love AO HSR, Jessicurl WDCT, Sitrinillah w/Vatika Frosting and honey added. I've also found that I get a lot of softness and slip when I make a fenugreek and hibiscus tea rinse w/coconut infused distilled water :lick:.

DD's hair is soft strong and tangle free when I prepoo or even DC her w/ORS Replenishing or Oyin Honey Hemp. Sometimes I'll add a bit of Porosity Control to the ORS but even if I don't, her hair is strong, soft, fluffy and easy to comb thru after rinsing this stuff out.

I add Honey to everything
also i now DC with a travel dryer i was firmly anti heat for years, but my hair has flourished using one

Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment (perfect as it is):dance7:
Motions Moisture Plus (add olive oil, butters or an oil blend) :woot:

Nexxus Humectress doesn't have much slip at all, but it always left my natural 4a hair super soft, I don't rinse it out though.

My daughter is transitioning and this had her hair soft all week long. I could get the comb through her hair and it is very thick. I have no idea what her hair type is though. but this worked wonders. This past wash day i used the GVP conditioning balm and it did nothing for her hair. Back to the GVP version of humectress.

Back