Super coarse exta thick type 4 hair....HELP!!!

mrslollis

Ok I'm looking to see what products yall like. umm so yeah I have been using hawaiian silky and after some advice seems like im glycerine senstive. My hair has always been EXTRA dry so I just chalked it up to that's just how it is. Apparently there is hope for me too :grin:

I'm relaxed not bone strait any advice on the stuff that works for any of you so that maybe I can at least have an idea of what to try. I know everyone is different but at least having some sort of idea i could help myself.

I have the SAME issues with my babies :( one of them has soft curly hair but it's still dryish. My oldest has some serious thick cut your hands hair it's that strong but it's dry too it's growing well. I feel so seriously clueless!!! I just bought hair stuff i'm so disgusted right now.

ummm...ok. so what kind of hair stuff did you get and what specifically are you looking for? I take it you're looking for some moisture, yes?

KeraCare Humecto conditioner is good. You can use a little as a leave in. You can also do a search "relaxed hair moisture" or something like that.

ummm...ok. so what kind of hair stuff did you get and what specifically are you looking for? I take it you're looking for some moisture, yes?

KeraCare Humecto conditioner is good. You can use a little as a leave in. You can also do a search "relaxed hair moisture" or something like that.
Yes ma'm i'm looking for moisture.
I bought some mizani products

True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Masque
NGREDIENTS AQUA / WATER
CETEARYL ALCOHOL
AMODIMETHICONE
BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
CETYL ESTERS
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
TRIDECETH-6
METHYLPARABEN
SORBIC ACID
SODIUM SALICYLATE
SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL / JOJOBA SEED OIL
PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL / APRICOT KERNEL OIL
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
CI 47005 / YELLOW 10
2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL
INULIN
COUMARIN
CI 14700 / RED 4

Rose H20

FIL Code 42080 SS3 Aqua/Water, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Petroleum, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Parfum/Fragrance, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethanolamine, Laureth-23, Citronellol, Geraniol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Hydroxycitronellal, Chamomilla Recutita/Matricaria Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus/ Cymbopogon Schoenanthius Extract,Aachillea Millefolium/ Extract, Melissa Officinalis/Balm Mint Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Humulus Lupulus/ Hops Extract, Isoeugenol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, CI 19140/ Yellow 5, Eugenol, CI 14700/red 4, CI 17200/red 33, CI 42090/blue 1 D7680/1

and I got the hawaiian silky 14 in 1.

My hair has being growing good it's just super dry and it sheds long hairs not small ones.

I had started a thread about my hair being dry but figured if I just put one up here about my hair type that people with similar hair would be able to throw out some suggestions. Hoping it's not over kill......

deep conditioning can help with moisture as well. What products other than the ones you listed do you use? And what's your regimen?

deep conditioning can help with moisture as well. What products other than the ones you listed do you use? And what's your regimen?

V05 every day rinse it out then put hawaiian silky 14 in 1 grease on the ends. That's pretty much it.

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 has protein in it. Have you tried S Curl? If so, what were the results? Just asking so can determine if you are glycerine sensitive or protein sensitive.

If your children have different hair types than you, they may like different products than you.

Have you tried baggying?

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 has protein in it. Have you tried S Curl? If so, what were the results? Just asking so can determine if you are glycerine sensitive or protein sensitive.

If your children have different hair types than you, they may like different products than you.

Have you tried baggying?

I haven't tried s curl but I was using the activator in the gold bottle can't think of the name.

IDK if you use no-lye, but that's a cause of dryness. I switched to lye and I don't have any more dryness.

Actually depending on where you live, glycerin type moisturizers can work against you. Glycerin is a humectant and humectants work by attracting moisture (hair, skin, etc) from the air this causing hair to stay moisturized. In the winter and sometimes the fall when it's cold, the air becomes drier thus causing it to feel like there's little to no moisture in the air. Therefore the gylcerin will draw moisture from your hair thus causing it to feel like it's not working.

I'm not sure what the rest of your reggie looks like or what type of moisturizer your looking for but you can make your own(if you prefer a spray) with rosewater or just plain water, aloe vera juice, oil and maybe some conditioner.

Butters are also good moisturizers.

Back