SunSilk products on sale at CVS

JLove74

all shampoos, conditioners or treatment creams on sale for $2.99, when you use your CVS Extra card you will get a coupon for an extra $2.00 off next purchase so you only pay $.99!!!!

Here is a link www.sunsilk.com

And most of the displays I have seen at many stores have a coupon w/ $1 off the masque or leave-in/moisturizng cream.

Has anyone tried these products? I've seen them at Costco and was interested, but I didn't want to purchase without hearing something about the product.

I have, but I am only 1 week post relaxer.

I tried the Hydra-TLC (the pink one) Masque as a pre-poo and the Hydra-TLC 24-7 cream as a moisturizer.

I will decide if I REALLY like them if they can hold it down when I have 1/2 inch or more of new growth! :) That's the real test for me.

Sunsilk = Seda = Sedal. Now I love Sedal, but have never bought the American version, Sunsilk. Here is something I posted on another board:

Sunsilk is definitely not new. Unilever is always up to something when it comes to renaming a product. This is the same product as Seda and Sedal, which is sold in India and Hispanic speaking countries, respectively.

Everytime Unilever wants to open a product in a different country, they slap a different name on it and call it a day.

The bad part is, Sunsilk isn't selling their best selling product to americans (The thick, rich conditioner jars). Awww Pretty good stuff. Currently, they only have a conditioner jar of the Extra Dry (pelo seco) and it is REALLY hard to find.

I have never tried the actual Sunsilk, but Seda and Sedal are the bomb. Many Dominican Stylists use this line.

Get your samples, people!!!

Yeah it is the same as Sedal. I think I am going to stick to Sedal products I don't want to go through trials with Sunsilk.

anky said:
Sunsilk = Seda = Sedal. Now I love Sedal, but have never bought the American version, Sunsilk. Here is something I posted on another board:

I thought it was the same as soon as I saw the commercials! Looks just like Sedal.

ETA: I love those conditioners in the jars...they are the best!!! If I see one of those Sunsilk jars I'll have to snatch it up!

anky said:

I thought these looked familiar. But, I had seen something like this when I was in Europe.

Sunsilk sent me a brochure the other day. they have soooooooooooooooooo many products!!!!

i will use these for con washes!

sassyhair said:
I sent for samples and never got them, this is the same line that was offering them right?

Yes. I didn't get my samples either. I see they have mineral and petroleum in it. I'm not interested anymore. I stopped using Sedal for this reason and gave it away to my friend.

on a pj spree in walmart about a week ago i bought the pink masque in the jar and the 27/7 creme (also the pink)... i love it!!!... i didn't have time to use the masque properly but the 27/7 creme leaves my hair really moisturized silky while it's still damp (for my buns) and then really defines my curls when it's airdryed in my wash and go... i bought the regular conditioner last night but didn't have a chance to try it yet... right now i'm 13 wks post and with this in combination with my aussie moist, i think i can easily make it 16 weeks or beyond... :lol:

I used my samples of the one in the green bottle (the frizz one I think) I had a great hair day. I went out the same day and bought the full size bottles of the conditioner and the frizz leav-in cream. I used them for my wash n' go and I was amazed. My curls were soft and defined and I had a lot less shrinkage which baffled me. My curly ponytail normally shrinks up so bad but this time it was hanging almost to my bra-strap! I'm so excited.

They have them in Krogers as well. I want to try that pink masque...that's the only conditioner that doesn't have mineral oil or petroleum in it.

I have the mask in the pink jar but have not tried it yet.
I will use it as co wash to see if I like it.

LABETT said:
I have the mask in the pink jar but have not tried it yet.
I will use it as co wash to see if I like it.

Please post results. I would've have gotten it today but the ONLY jar they had there looked like someone grabbed a handful out already!!!!

I bought the travel size set that's packaged in a bag tonight at CVS. This set is normally $2.99 and I thought I'd get it (I actually bought two ....the one for hydration and the one for smoothing) and they rung up for $1.75 at the register. Just thought I'd share. $1.75 and I got the poo, con, creme and a little magnet toy thing so that's not too bad.

ETA: I guess I'll be restting that "No New Product" thing...

*Priestess sitting in front of the computer, gently rocking back and forth saying, "Please don't tempt me, no new products, please don't tempt me..." :nono: :cry3:

Okay. I tried the hydrating one today. I didn't prepoo or add anything to the con because I wanted to see what this stuff would do on it's own. I also didn't put anything on my hair afterwards except the cream and so far, I give this one a thumbs up!

I am only about 10 days post and my hair is soft and smooth. Just thought I'd share.

I'm in love. :)

My hair has been dry lately and this literally made my hair feel like silk. Because of the slip, I didn't need as much of the cream either. The price is extra nice too.

I had fell in love with CreamSilk (their version) a few years ago when it first came out in the Philippines. I don't know why I ever stopped using it. I pulled the CreamSilk moisturizer out and added that with the hydrating poo/con and the frizz cream.

Pokahontas said:
I'm loving the frizz cream (green bottle). It really stretches my curls out.

I'm loving the frizz products too. The shampoo is wonderful...it's along the lines of CON for me, but smells better. Combined with the conditioner, all the tangles just disappear. I'm gonna stock up before the sale runs out!

I like the frizz conditioner and I wanna try the hydrating one. I wanted to try the frizz cream but didn't know if it was good or not.

I keep on reading this thread now I am getting tempted to buy this line to compare with my Sedal products.

Back