Sunsilk Black Shine Double Amla Shampoo

LocksOfLuV

Has anyone tried this? I got this from my indian grocery store a few weeks ago and I have yet to try it The actual shampoo is black and it promises to keep the strands dark and shiny. I actually like the smell, it's not all fruity and fragranced down like most American shampoos.:

011393J05389.jpg
Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate, GHTC (conditioner)[whatever that means], Fragrance and Amla.

I didn't see a coordinating conditioner. As a matter of fact in the indians stores I went to, I never saw any conditioners. I think they use the powders and oils to condition.

Poohbear, I never even used it yet. Imma wait a few weeks to use it.

This sounds awesome! I've been thinking about how dull my hair has been recently. I love the Sunsilk products. I wonder why they don't sell this in the regular CVS or Walgreen stores right next to other Sunsilk lines.

Let me know how you like it!!

LocksOfLuV said:
I didn't see a coordinating conditioner. As a matter of fact in the indians stores I went to, I never saw any conditioners. I think they use the powders and oils to condition.

That's been my experience too, I think you're right. Even on the Dabur website, there are only shampoos and oils in their hair products, but no conditioners. Anyway, that poo looks really good. Keep us posted. :)

I saw this too.....but I wanted to get some reviews first:sekret:

There was a website on the back of the bottle, but I forgot to write it down before I left the store.

This line is usually sold outside of the US. I doubt there is any difference between that one and the others but you can prove me wrong. :ohwell:

anky said:
This line is usually sold outside of the US. I doubt there is any difference between that one and the others but you can prove me wrong. :ohwell:

I haven't used it yet but there is a visual difference. The shampoo's actual color is black. I guess to darken the hair. Also the consistency is different from the other Sunsilk shampoo, it's a tad thicker. But I will def. keep you posted which won't be until about a week or two (the next time i clarify).

Aalize, I have my bottle here but I don't see a website but I know they show pictures of "Dabur.com." And also you can do a google search.

OneInAMillion said:
Sedal makes one of these too. I don't think it has Amla, but it's for making dark hair shiny.

I just learned Sedal and Sunsilk are the same company. It is sold as Sedal in spanish speaking countries.

I have seen this online. I can't wait for you to try it out and post your results! Sunsilk markets different lines in different countries. I posted on this a few weeks back.

rinygirl6 said:
I just learned Sedal and Sunsilk are the same company. It is sold as Sedal in spanish speaking countries.

Yep! Unfortunately, they don't market all of the same products across lines. Keraforce is my favorite in Sedal, and they don't have it in the Sunsilk line :perplexed . I don't know why, as it's supposed to be for Relaxed and color treated hair.

LocksOfLuV said:

Poohbear, I never even used it yet. Imma wait a few weeks to use it.

Hey!

I was talking to a ton of indian people yesterday and the consensus is that they don't use conditioner. That's why you see all of these Sunsilk shampoos without their conditioning counterparts. They use oil in the place of conditioner, preferably the stinky ones.

They also told me that Sunsilk is number one in the stores in Mumbai.

Me too, I'm waiting for the results.
I saw it at an indian store. But I found that the cleansing agent was an aggressive one, that's why I didn't take it.
I thought it would dry my hair like crazy :perplexed

Did you guys notice that indian women seem to have a lot of issues with dandruff?

When I went to that store, I asked where the capillary products were. The lady started to show me several herbal powders, shampoos etc for dandruff. When I said I didn't have dandruff, she said "Really :eek: !!??", as if it was something impossible.

Amylee said:
Me too, I'm waiting for the results.
I saw it at an indian store. But I found that the cleansing agent was an aggressive one, that's why I didn't take it.
I thought it would dry my hair like crazy :perplexed

Did you guys notice that indian women seem to have a lot of issues with dandruff?

When I went to that store, I asked where the capillary products were. The lady started to show me several herbal powders, shampoos etc for dandruff. When I said I didn't have dandruff, she said "Really :eek: !!??", as if it was something impossible.

I get a chance to use on on Sunday, then I will update and post results.

LocksOfLuV said:
Kinda, OT, but what is that in your siggy? Do you have the ingredients?

Its oil I use for my hair. It also makes my skin sooo soft but it's hard to find so I just buy it for my hair
Ingredients are: Natural oils, african oils, almond oil, kukui nut oil,vit.E, olive oil, palm oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, bay laurel.

Its kinda thick so I think it also has castor oil in it. My fave oil, i think its better than kemi oil (smells better too)

Last edited:
Well I tried the shampoo and the review is good-for the darkening/shine factor. Don't know how it is as far as moisturizing since I told you I clarified before hand.

I clarified first lather with Herbal Essences new Drama Clean clarifyer (which is really good BTW) then followed by the Amla shampoo. At first I was kinda scared because the shampoo is actually black and it stained my tub a small amount when rinsing. But when lathering, the lather was an off white color so I thought that maybe it wouldn't work. I rinsed and went to apply my conditioner and my hair looked jet black like I just put a rinse in it.

So I gave myself some doubt and thought maybe it was the lighting. Then after rinsing my DC out and such my hair STILL looks black. I am airdrying and it really does make my hair look black/shiny. I highly recommend this for anyone who is leary of dyes but want a subtle black color or to keep their black rinsed color from fading.

This looks really interesting, so I did a little digging.

Sunsilk is available in 50 countries across the world with a presence that is locally customised in every respect.

In India, Sunsilk makes uses of local ingredients like amla, henna, lemon and curd to give strength to the promised benefit.

Sunsilk was the first brand in India to introduce a conditioner in the market. This was sold through the salon channels.

As early as 1960, the brand introduced a tonic shampoo especially for dandruff. This made it the first such product for dandruff cure in India.
From: http://www.superbrandsindia.com/superbrands2003/sunsilk/sunsilk.htm

There's dozens of Indian grocery stores around here, and I'm going to go look for it.

I also read on one website that there was a conditioner called CreamSilk, but the site's two years old.
http://www.kabayancentral.com/beauty/creamsilk.html

LocksOfLuV said:
Well I tried the shampoo and the review is good-for the darkening/shine factor. Don't know how it is as far as moisturizing since I told you I clarified before hand.

I clarified first lather with Herbal Essences new Drama Clean clarifyer (which is really good BTW) then followed by the Amla shampoo. At first I was kinda scared because the shampoo is actually black and it stained my tub a small amount when rinsing. But when lathering, the lather was an off white color so I thought that maybe it wouldn't work. I rinsed and went to apply my conditioner and my hair looked jet black like I just put a rinse in it.

So I gave myself some doubt and thought maybe it was the lighting. Then after rinsing my DC out and such my hair STILL looks black. I am airdrying and it really does make my hair look black/shiny. I highly recommend this for anyone who is leary of dyes but want a subtle black color or to keep their black rinsed color from fading.

Wow, that sounds amazing. Thanks so much for the review. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this at my local Indian store. :cool:

This shampoo is fantastic! I used it yesterday after clarifying. I figured it's best to clarify if I know it's going to deposit color enhancer. It moisturizes beautifully and deeply enriches the color. I'm going to use this once a week for a color boost after clarifying.

FYI - this shampoo has henna in it. If you've used a color that says 'do not apply over henna or metallic colors', don't use it. Hubby said he had a client once who failed to mentioned she used henna. He applied color, and there was smoke. For real.

TBeBe said:
This shampoo is fantastic! I used it yesterday after clarifying. I figured it's best to clarify if I know it's going to deposit color enhancer. It moisturizes beautifully and deeply enriches the color. I'm going to use this once a week for a color boost after clarifying.

FYI - this shampoo has henna in it. If you've used a color that says 'do not apply over henna or metallic colors', don't use it. Hubby said he had a client once who failed to mentioned she used henna. He applied color, and there was smoke. For real.
It is soooo funny that you mention this product. My girlbaby is in high school and she told me just this morning to get info on the Sunsilk line of products because all the little black girls at school are raving about them. Apparently, their products work really well on black hair. Has anyone else used any of the other products or know of their contents? I didn't know this thread was out there.

Last edited:
LocksOfLuV said:

Hmm...this shampoo sounds interesting. Over the short time that I've used amla, I really like it. I also wouldn't mind having my hair jet black but without the dyes.

Back