Sunsilk Black Shine Double Amla Shampoo

Qt girl said:
I'm in Peru right now, do you think the Sedal version will have the same results?

I read earlier that Sedal & Sunsilk the same company, so it might be the same thing. HTH!

fmnnity said:
It is soooo funny that you mention this product. My girlbaby is in high school and she told me just this morning to get info on the Sunsilk line of products because all the little black girls at school are raving about them. Apparently, their products work really well on black hair. Has anyone else used any of the other products or know of their contents? I didn't know this thread was out there.

I use SunSilk Hidra TLC line (i think that's what it's called, the one in the pink bottle) and i REALLY like it... well, love is a strong word, but I've been using it for nearly 4 months now. I only started using it because I just got to college and too many expenses, couldn't be spending over $50 on products. I got the shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner for $10 total!!! :grin:

I like it a lot. Smells great, shampoo is very moisturizing, deep conditioner is really good too. They also have a hair moisturizer that I haven't used. Not sure I will buy the moisturizer because there are other things i'm eyeing. But yeah, I like sunsilk...

now i'm interested in that black shampoo.

There actually is a conditioner (not sure if someone already posted that). The conditioner has henna in it, I believe and might not match the shampoo exactly but would be a good complement. If I can find the link, I will post it but I think it's a filipino product. The Sunsilk products can vary dramatically depending on where the company is based. The company that makes the amla shampoo is Hindustan Lever based in India, explaining why they added amla (a revered fruit in the country) in their products.

I don't use shampoo but I plan to order the conditioner.

CarLiTa said:
I use SunSilk Hidra TLC line (i think that's what it's called, the one in the pink bottle) and i REALLY like it... well, love is a strong word, but I've been using it for nearly 4 months now. I only started using it because I just got to college and too many expenses, couldn't be spending over $50 on products. I got the shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner for $10 total!!! :grin:

I like it a lot. Smells great, shampoo is very moisturizing, deep conditioner is really good too. They also have a hair moisturizer that I haven't used. Not sure I will buy the moisturizer because there are other things i'm eyeing. But yeah, I like sunsilk...

now i'm interested in that black shampoo.
Thanx for the info!

I went to the BSS yesterday to get some stuff and whats funny is they had the sunsilk products shampoo/con/relaxer for black people on the shelves when 3 weeks ago i'd never seen them. Maybe they're on LHCF:lol:

I used this shampoo yesterday.

It was moisturizing, and yes it's BLACK!

It made my hair darker, but not black.

I had to order mine from Ebay.

They also have a Filipino version of this too.

So overall, Nice Shampoo!

AKA-Tude said:
I used this shampoo yesterday.

It was moisturizing, and yes it's BLACK!

It made my hair darker, but not black.

I had to order mine from Ebay.

They also have a Filipino version of this too.

So overall, Nice Shampoo!

Where on ebay?

THANKS FOR THE REVIEW LOCSOFLUV! I gotta try this now... hope I can find it somewhere!

Last edited:
I've been using the Black Shine amla shampoo for about a month, and it really does make my hair look shinier than normal (at least in my opinion). And while it does look weird (black) it leaves it feeling soft.

The indian store near me has a shelf full of the stuff, so thankfully I haven't had a problem finding it.

Bump!

Anyone still use this shampoo and satisfied with the longterm results to their hair? For those of you that used this shampoo, how long did your hair remain dark? Does the color/darkness fade over time? If so, how long did it take? TIA!

I haven't been using it regularly either, but I did use it a couple of days ago.

I must say, it does make your hair soft. I used it with Flex conish, and my hair was NICE for the past few days.

I do have another bottle of it, so I may have to use this every other shampoo.

I just wish it came in reg. sized bottles.

HTH

Back