Summer Grow out Challenge Roll Call

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leshia said:
sweetcocoa said:
Count me in...4 inches by the end of summer.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetcocoa, I want 4 by the end of August. What exactly will you be doing to ensure you get your full inch per month? protective styling, more water? I'm wondering....I believe I get pretty close to one inch per month, but don't measure and quite frankly, don't know where to begin! I just know I want 4 more inches by end of Aug!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I got an inch a month last summer. My hair hates the humidity as far as frizzies...but my growth is at it's best. I've added MSM to my routine as extra incentive. I rinsed everyday last summer ans shampooed with dilluted shampoo(Elucence...although I'm looking for an all natural one)...lathering up only once. I wore my hair with the sides clipped back...but this summer it's long enough for a loose curly ponytail....and I've perfected my single braid down the back.
grin.gif

Count me in! I would like to grow 4 inches by August. In order to do this, I know I need to wear my hair in protective styles more often, drink more water, take my vitamins religiously, and continue to exercise. Look out bra strap, here I come
clap.gif
clap.gif

LaKisha

Okay i think i can take this thing one correctly. My official, start day will be either sat or sun (pending relaxer). I've been pretty good with my vits thus far and plan to keep them up. I guess i can exercise at least 1x a week...bad girl i know. My water intake should increase also.

I'm doing braid outs after my relaxer rollerset from that point on... a month straight, then i'll rollerset again to see growth.
c/o washin 2x a week. shamp washing every 3- 4 weeks (as necessary) no blowdryers, no heat. Using a reconstructor every 3 washes (1.5 weeks apart) and moisture in b/w.

Im soooo excited!

I want to join too! August will be one year for me since starting the 365-day challenge so I'd love to cap it off with 4 more inches of new growth!

What are we doing to achieve this? Is everyone doing braids or protective styles or what?

I would love to join if not too late. I am new to the group, so I need all the support I can get to meet my first goal!!

I'm in as well. I'm experimenting with daily rinses at the moment. But may ease up as I'd like to see how long my braidout will last. I'm aiming for 3-4inches by September 1.

Sign me up! I am getting a touch up and a major trim tomorrow
shocked.gif
, so growing it back healthy and strong will my ultimate objective this summer!!!

Candycane

I'm with you girl! I get so much inspiration from these ladies. I'm quite sure I can achieve my goal by the end of the summer....I'm trying to get that bra strap thing going on. I just bought me a bun today (don't laugh) because my hair is not quite full enough to have a nice looking bun. But I've gone 2 weeks with no heat on my hair. Wish me luck!!!
grin.gif

Ye im in...my challange is going to roll on until the end of the yr. This woman i know claims i can get the 10 inches by the end of the yr. PRAY 4 ME!!!

Hey count me in to! I am excited to start the challenge! I am ready to increase my vitamin intake, excercise, water intake and any other thing you lovely ladies would suggest. I am getting a retouch on May 10, so I guess that is when I will offically start my challenge.

But Ladies, I have a question? What is the best way to achieve a great "braid out" hair style? And what are the best products to use?

Thanks in advance.
grin.gif

I thought I'll go ahead and post my regimen for the Summer Grow Out Challenge:

--wash at least once/week with herbal shampoo mixture: shikakai,amla, areetha and Earthly Delight Shampoo.
http://nappturality.suddenlaunch2.com/index.cgi?board=review&amp;action=display&amp;num=1042677912

--pre-shampoo with EVOO, shea butter, coconut oil or Amla oil.

--condition with Lotus Plus(using Hennalucent until I receive Lotus) followed by deep moisturizer: Paul Mitchell or Moisturfuse.

--condition wash/ACV rinse every other day.

--apply Proven Oil Blend 3xweek.

--hair spray moisturizer mixture: glycerin, h2o, ess. oils and Infusium 23.

--World of Curls gel activator and vaseline for ends(thanks Adrienne).

--protective style will be clip-on pony tail, braid-out or bantu knots.

--continue vitamins, water in-take, diet and exercerise.

I'm at week 13 and I wish I could last til July
shocked.gif
. Also, I started the challenge on May 1st.

GROW IT OUT! PUSH IT OUT! WAAAY OUT!---GROW IT OUT! PUSH IT OUT! WAAAY OUT!---GROW IT OUT! PUSH IT OUT! WAAAY OUT!
bouncy.gif

count me in too! i want 3 more inches of hair by august. i'm going to be consistent with my vitamins, add c/o washes into my regimin and continue with my rollersets and try braidouts.

elite_chiq said:
Ye im in...my challange is going to roll on until the end of the yr. This woman i know claims i can get the 10 inches by the end of the yr. PRAY 4 ME!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's really impressive. Most people don't get that in a year. How exactly did she say you can achieve this, cause I wanna be down too
grin.gif

Count me in.

September 18th is my birthday and I have approximately 4 1/2 inches to go to bra strap length. I want to be able to flip my hair like the girls in the Pantene commerical for my birthday.

HOTCHOCOLATE said:
GROW IT OUT! PUSH IT OUT! WAAAY OUT!---GROW IT OUT! PUSH IT OUT! WAAAY OUT!---GROW IT OUT! PUSH IT OUT! WAAAY OUT!
bouncy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hotchocolate,
Aren't you a great cheerleader!!!! Where did you get your Amla Oil?
TIA,
Jen

Today I went in and got a touch-up to straighten out all that underprocessed hair!
bouncy.gif

I had to get a trim, but I am still happy that it's all said and done!
smile.gif

I would like to take the challenge. I need to be held accountable to someone or else I will slack. My plan is to wear braids this summer, take my vitamins, eat properly, excercise,water and I am streamlining my hair products down to a basic three: conditioner(for conditioner washes),spray-on mositurizer (S-curl's 360 stylin spray) and a creme hairdress (protective breakfree {the purple one}).
Since I will be wearing braids I'll be fine with just some braid spray and/or a leave-in conditioner.
My goal is 4 inches by the end of September.
rosebud.gif

me too! me too! I would like to get about 4 inches by the end of Aug. I will be taking my vites and water and trying to exercise on a regular basis! Most important, I need to cut back on my sugar big time (makes my hair shed bad) and eat more green foods!

<font color="red"> </font>
Please count me in too. I want to be more consistent with wearing protective styles- my faithful drawstring ponytail-, plus to start exercising, drinking water, taking vitamins, anything that works..
My goal is to be at bra strap length by the end of the summer. Anyone want to be my hair buddy? pm me okay.

hair album

YES!!! MORE RECRUITS! we are gonna have some damn long hair by the end of the summer!

Elite chiq-- have you been holding out on us? how you gonna get 10 inches by december? I wanna know!
blush.gif
oo:

Yes, I am DEF in, I need to be...lol I am really excited and look forward to the growing process, I am glad we are doing this together, the motivation will really help me!
smile.gif

JenJen2721 said:
HOTCHOCOLATE said:
bouncy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hotchocolate,
Aren't you a great cheerleader!!!! Where did you get your Amla Oil?
TIA,
Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey JenJen,
grin.gif

I got the amla oil from an Indian store here in Houston $2.89. I saw the same powders and oil on a website for $12 each
mad.gif
I was ready to order, but decided ask the Indian lady that threads my facial growth
blush.gif
. I love ordering online, now I'm wondering if I'm being over priced each time.
confused.gif

Please Please count me in. I'm off to a good start so this will be a perfect challenge. I was just in the bathroom measuring my hair and I keep getting 4 inches but it is hard to believe. I even took the 2 tracks that I have in my hair and cliped the hair up by my ear and brushed my natural hair down still the same. So my goal is to get 4 inches by the end of the summer and I will be jumping for joy <font color="red"> </font> SIGN ME UP

Back