sulfur challenge, 2011 edition

Starting Length:Bsbish
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: I will be bcing in 2011 after two year w/o a relaxer. I would love to full apl as a natural. Im layered shoulder length
Regimen: I do protein treatments between sew ins. I moisturize bi weekly and wash every 3 weeks. Out of a sew in I cowash once a week.Wash n dc with moisture 1x a week.
Method of Sulfur Application:Applicator bottle. A teaspoon of sulfur to 6 ounces of oil
Other Growth Aids: hsn vitamins and exercising

I would like to join. I've been using bt 3-4 times per week since November 12. I'm hoping to be full bsl by March.
d0362323-4524-be38.jpg

Also can someone tell me how far I am from bsl? I'm still trying to perfect my measurements.

Please excuse my starting pic I'm still learning. :-)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Oh what the hayell! I'm in! :yep:

Starting Length: Waistlength

Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: Hiplength

Regimen: I'm due to a touchup so after that I will: Wash/DC once week. CO wash prn. Protein treatments once monthly.

Method of Sulfur Application: Applicator bottle. 2 teaspoons of sulfur to 8 ounces of oil infused with burdock root, nettle, chamomile and horsetail herbs.

Why are some of you ladies applying the sulfur mix at night only to wash it out in the morning? Is overnight enough time for the mix to do it's magic?

For me, I have other things in my hair in the morning. Also, I apply mine as soon as I come home from working out if I am not going anywhere else. That means I could have it in anywhere from 7pm until 7am. Its still 12 hours.

Also, I like to massage it in and since I am natural its easier for me to mosturize, seal and go to bed.

Also can someone tell me how far I am from bsl? I'm still trying to perfect my measurements.

Please excuse my starting pic I'm still learning. :-)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I would guess 1-2 inches but it depends on where you wear your bra.

Count me in.

Starting Length: MBL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: WSL
Regimen: deep condition once a week, henna once a month, keep moisture/protein balance by rotating between moisturizing deep conditioner and protein deep conditioner
Method of Sulfur Application: mix 1 tsp of sublimed MSM powder with EVOO and grape seed oil
Other Growth Aids: Biotin and multi-vitamin​

I will continue as NJoy motivated and inspired me last time...(although i didn't really stick to it...teehee)
But this time I'm all in!

Starting Length: About 3 inches from APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: BSB
Regimen:bunning, wiggin, twist braids(maybe), wash every other week, co-wash every 3 days, moisture and seal daily/nightly, apply my sulfur regularly, trim every 4 months, heat only once a month.
Method of Sulfur Application: mixture of essential oils.
Other: taking my fish oils, hair/skin/nails vitamins, msm, eating right and exercise. Maybe some chlorella.

I'm in the Hide you Hair Challenge so I won't be able to post until the 31st anyways! :-)

Good luck all!!

I think it's been working so I'm in:yep:! My starting pic is in my siggy!

Starting Length: APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: BSB+
Regimen: Wiggin, Bunning, Co Washing (Once a week if wigging, More than once a week if bunning - i.e. during the summer), Texlax every 3/4 months, moisturize and seal daily, DC with heat at least once a week
Method of Sulfur Application: Application of MTG/ home made Sulphur mix nightly
Other Growth Aids: Biotin, MN, MSM

I started using my hot 6 oil with sulfur mix on 12/4/10.

Starting Length: SL

Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: APL/BSL

Regimen:
Saturday/Sunday:
→ Shampoo (Elasta QP Conditioning Crème)
→ Condition with a light protein for 15-20mins (Aphogee 2 minute) with heat, rinse
→ Deep Condition with a moisturizing (SE MegaSilk Moisturizing treatment)conditioner for 25-30mins with heat

→ Rinse, PC
→ Apply Leave ins/Chi Silk Infusion and lightly comb through
→ Air dry with the Scarf Method.
→ Moisturize and seal.

→ Apply Hot6Oil/castor oil mix with sulfur to scalp and massage in. Cornrow and secure.
→ Wear my wig as my protective style.

Wednesday/Thursday
→ Deep Condition on dry hair with a moisturizing treatment (Silk Elements Mega Silk Moisturizing Treatment) for 25-30mins under hooded dryer, rinse
→ Air dry with the Scarf Method
→ Apply Leave ins/Chi Silk Infusion and lightly comb through
→ Air dry with the Scarf Method.
→ Moisturize and seal.

→ Apply Hot6Oil/castor oil mix with sulfur to scalp and massage in. Cornrow and secure.
→ Wear my wig as my protective style.

Method of Sulfur Application: Mixed with Castor Oil & Hot 6 Oil

Other Growth Aids: Bioting 2500 and multivitamin daily

Starting picture:
122410_1.jpg

Last edited:
Please add me to this challenge

Starting Length: APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: WL (6 inches away)
Regimen: stretch relaxers to 16 weeks, protective style, no shampoo, steam DC weekly, henna monthly, apply sulfur mix 2-3 times a week with scalp massage
Method of Sulfur Application: mix with Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Other Growth Aids: none

I would like to join this challenge. I will update my information this weekend when I take down my hair:)

Starting Length:
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011:
Regimen:
Method of Sulfur Application:
Other Growth Aids:

Please add me too, I will give the specifics before or on 31 Dec 2010. Thanks Btw all of the white looking lint really isn't lint......it's grey! Oh well! I am 100% Natural and shrinkage with my hair is no JOKE:lol:

Starting length: CBL
Projected/Goal length MBL
Regimen: C&G method
Method of Sulfur App: Sulfur 8 once a wk/ Sublimed sulfur mixed with hempseed oil/ sublimed sulfur mixed with jojoba oil, I did forget to add MTG, and maybe incorporate my leftover BeeMine if I can tolerate the smell.
Other growth aides: Phyto vitamins 2 a day, spirulina caps 3 a night, biotin 1000mg 1x a day, 2 flaxseed caps at night, 1 cap fish oil a day, B-complex, B-12 tab once a day, I also oil my scalp with JBCO, Shikakai oil, and WGO.
I baggy everynight and also massage my scalp every night as well. Only wash and con once a week. Will be ordering my steamer on 1 Feb, hopefully the discount still applies.

ALSO LADIES I DO HAVE A SOLUTION WHEN APPLYING MTG OR OTHER RUNNY OILS SO THEY WILL NOT AFFECT THE SKIN ON OUR NECKS OR EARS. I FIND THAT USING A COTTON BALL HELPS TREMEDOUSLY AND YOU HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL AS FAR AS THE AMOUNT YOU APPLY TO THE SCALP. WHEN I USE THESE OILS WITH/WITHOUT THE SULFUR I SIMPLY POUR ON THE OILS TO THE COTTON BALL/S AND DAB THE MOISTEN COTTON BALL ONTO MY SCALPAND GENTLY MASSAGE IT IN. THIS WAY NO EXCESS OIL IS WASTED. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Attachments

• jan2011-68.jpg
    jan2011-68.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 22
  • jan2011-62.JPG
    jan2011-62.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 20
  • jan2011-45.JPG
    jan2011-45.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 18
  • jan2011-71.jpg
    jan2011-71.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 18
  • jan2011-63.JPG
    jan2011-63.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Starting Length: Neck Length
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: BSL
Regimen: Cowash, DC and Puff or Twist. Clarify Bi- Weekly
Method of Sulfur Application: JBCO, Peppermint Oil and Sublime Sulfur. Apply directly to scalp
Other Growth Aids: Nothing other than sulfur. I may reconsider later!

Just waiting for my order to arrive.

arrrrgghh i still have to wait for my sulfur another week.... huge thks to christmas sales and the distance :(

Just poppin in to wish you ladies much success with the challenge and your hair goals. I'll be cheering you guys on from the sidelines!

I want to join this challenge!!

Starting Length: NL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: APL
Regimen: CW 1-3 times weekly, stretch relaxers 8-12 weeks, protective styling mostly w/ rollersets, braidouts, twists, and buns, DC weekly, apply sulfur mix 2-3 times a week with scalp massage
Method of Sulfur Application: mix with Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Other Growth Aids: Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging vitamin

I AM IN!!! I will come back with the details. I am definitely going to be using sulfur in 2011 but I havent completely figured out my reggie so I will come back and post it once I do.

I'm making my mix as simple as possible, i added some more MTek this morn to my bottle it's actually a 6oz bottle instead of a 2oz that i stated in my previous post, so my mix includes
1/2 tsp EVOO
21/2oz MTek
1/2tsp Peppermint oil
1full tsp sulphur powder.

I have no plans to change my mix for the duration of this challenge, however i'll be using my HM moisturizer between my tracks so i don't get too dry. Definately will need to wash every other wk or every wk depending on my scalp condition.

I'm Also Cheering You Lovely Ladies along from the Sidelines while doing my own personal mini-growth aides challenge.:grin:

Right now using BeeMine Serum in Kiwi-Mango.

Starting Length: Between APL and BSL (Pictures to update thread soon.)
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: MBL
Regimen: Extending my personal two year C&G challenge from the original end date of August 2011 to December 2011. Hair is not braided only for a week at a time between braid/twist applications.
Method of Sulfur Application: MSM orally (and possibly Sulfur 8 topically).
Other Growth Aids: None

I know this works, and i've used sulfur oil (i bought a HUGE bottle of sulfur powder at Walgreens) on and off, since i've joined the forum.

What gets me is this - the oil runs down my neck...endlessly.
It seems to matter not whether i just use a dab or a squirt it just runs and runs and runs....So gross.

It stains my blouses something hideous.

It turns my jewelry a nasty shade of green...

It breaks me out if it touches my face...

Have you all experienced this -----and how have you adapted?

Whenever I apply and oil that I don't plan to rinse out, I squeeze it on to the bathroom sink and then lightly dab the edge of the puddle to pick up the oil. I find this keeps me from over oiling.

Back