Sulfate free shampoos and dandruff

sillygirl82

A few weeks ago I started using a sulfate-free shampoo. I've noticed that my dandruff has gone away.

A few questions for ladies that use this type of shampoo:

1. Is this a temporary miracle or can I give away that bottle of Head & Shoulders?
2. Which sulfate-free shampoo do you use? Do you need to use another shampoo with it?

I'm currently using healthy sexy hair chocolate soymilk shampoo.

[1. Is this a temporary miracle or can I give away that bottle of Head & Shoulders? My stylist uses it after she colors my hair every 5weeks. 2. Which sulfate-free shampoo do you use? Do you need to use another shampoo with it? Avedo I believe it is called. Expensive but nice. I don't have any itching either after I use it. But I was told it isn't something I should use all the time and I'm sorry I dont' know why.

I have hard water so I rotate between my beloved ORS Creamy Aloe poo and Elasta QP creme moisturizing poo.

The Elasta QP Creme Moisturizing Poo is sulfate free and it's great on my strands. I've been using this poo for several months now it gently cleans my hair without stripping the moisture.

A few weeks ago I started using a sulfate-free shampoo. I've noticed that my dandruff has gone away.

A few questions for ladies that use this type of shampoo:

1. Is this a temporary miracle or can I give away that bottle of Head & Shoulders?
2. Which sulfate-free shampoo do you use? Do you need to use another shampoo with it?

I'm currently using healthy sexy hair chocolate soymilk shampoo.

Hi Sillygirl85,
that's the difference between sulphates and sulphate free shampoos. They can contribute to irritating the scalp and causing dandruff. When you first start using sulphate free shampoos it takes a few washes before you notice the benefits, its like your hair goes through a detox.

Since I started using Dr Bronners as a shampoo and using natural products I have forgotten what a dry scalp and dandruff is! I also use Ayurveda hair powders in my CWs.

I think its safe to say the Head & Shoulders is history.

MeechUK

Unfortunately it is not for me. :nono: I use a sulfate-free shampoo and still get dandruff and itching. I bought a natural dandruff shampoo today so let´s see what happens...

Hi Sillygirl85,
that's the difference between sulphates and sulphate free shampoos. They can contribute to irritating the scalp and causing dandruff. When you first start using sulphate free shampoos it takes a few washes before you notice the benefits, its like your hair goes through a detox.

Since I started using Dr Bronners as a shampoo and using natural products I have forgotten what a dry scalp and dandruff is! I also use Ayurveda hair powders in my CWs.

MeechUK

ITA. It might not be true for all people but for me the dandruff went away when I switched to sulfate free shampoo. The only time I really get it now is when I get micros b/c most shops put gel or mousse or some kind of hairpray on my hair with alcohol on my hair when they're done.

Back