Suggestions for 9 yrs with 4a/b hair needed

Vet27

Last night I gave my little cousin a pre-poo treatment with olive oil(20 min) w/o heat. I then washed with power wash(surge product). then i mixed suave/garnier frutis/honey/olive oil. I let it sit on for 30 w/o heat w/ a plastic cap. rinsed out, apply leave-in & carrot oil. She has thick extra dry sandy brown hair. I then put it in two afro puffs. Her mom was like what did u put on there. It has never been so soft. My questions it this what products are good for childern's hair? Her hair is sandybrown so some cream leave-in leave her hair looking white. what can she use on a daily basis for moisture? I will be buy her a silk pillow case this weekend. She the(9yr old) has some money saved & she said she would like me to take her to get some hair stuff! She going to be a PJ with me!

Thanks

I think at this age hair is pretty much how it is going to be in adulthood (someone correct me if i'm wrong). So I think that what you used worked great and since everyone saw results why change from what you used. As for what can be used as a daily moisturizer, I am not sure. Check the thread entitled best moisturizers for breakage.

My daughter is a 4a natural and I use Profectiv breakfree as her moisturizer. I also like to use avocado butter, but that I order online.

Is the avocado butter a liquid or cream? Also, does the profectiv "melt" into her hair? Her hair is cotton like so some moisturizer's just sit on her hair.

carrie =I am starting my couisn off right, she asked me would this make her hair straight, cuss it is too nappy. I asked who told her it was nappy....her mother. so I explained that her natural hair is a part her and is beautiful, like her she just has to learn how to take care of it.

Depending on the style, I recommend my daily moisturizer. Coconut/Olive oil mixed with water. It will keep her hair very soft and easier to comb. Just use a little.

You sound like a great cousin.

I also use Break Free on my 8 year olds hair. I put it on her ends at night before she goes to sleep. My daughter's hair soaks up everything like a sponge. She has the 4a coils and I love em.

The avocado butter is comparable to shea butter, but not quite as hard. You soften it in your hands. It does initially leave a white film, but it goes away pretty quickly. This is good to use right after a wash and the hair is still wet. It really moisturizes her hair.

The breakfree is very creamy. I love the consistency. It melts right into her hair. I have some pics in my album of my lil one.

I mix some NTM leave in with some distilled water and put it in a bottle that sprays a very fine mist. Mist her hair and then rub some shea butter in and it stays moist until the next day.

I used/still use S-curl on my 10 year old daughter's hair. It makes the hair soft and moisturized... even when my daughter was in her natural state. (She's currently relaxed.)

Thanks, I went and bought some of the product suggested. I knew about the s-curl, but I am not sure if her mom will use it. U know people still think you have to have a jeri curl to use it. anywho, thanks.

Back