Suggestion for Photo Album Issues

Cowgirl

Since so many members are receiving hate post on their albums, I was wondering two things.

1.) A lot of use are paying annual fees to other websites to host our pictures. Would it be possible for you guys to take subscription fees to upgrade to a larger server and increased bandwith to host our pictures?

2.) If #1 is not possible, can we have a restricted section, just like the 18+ thread where all the members can put the links and passwords to their albums. This way, we can remove the links and passwords from the signatures. And only the payed up members can go to this thread and follow the links to other members albums.

Thanks.

I really like your ideas, Cowgirl. Especially #2. We could do that now within the OT area with the help of mods creating a sticky thread. I would gladly take my album link out of my siggy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As I set up the gallery, only members that have paid are allowed to make comments and view the pictures (in large size)

I am sure that we don't have a problem about bandwidth nor space but I am welcome to suggestions as to this can be best implemented

[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:
Since so many members are receiving hate post on their albums,...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean they are receiving hate post on their albums? I was going to start one next week but if that's the case I may change my mind....

the 2nd idea is an excellent idea /images/graemlins/clap.gif good thinking cowgirl.

mod's if you're listening, please say yes! the abuse and thievery (i know this isnt a word) members have to go through is ridiculous

[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:
1.) A lot of use are paying annual fees to other websites to host our pictures. Would it be possible for you guys to take subscription fees to upgrade to a larger server and increased bandwith to host our pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I wrote in a previous post, we have no problems with limits or space. You can put your pictures in your galleries. The only thing that we do not allow is hotlinking which is the images to be used by other sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:
2.) If #1 is not possible, can we have a restricted section, just like the 18+ thread where all the members can put the links and passwords to their albums. This way, we can remove the links and passwords from the signatures. And only the payed up members can go to this thread and follow the links to other members albums.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a good idea and I have implemented it. Members of this discussion forum that have not paid the subscription fee are not allowed to see anyone's signature. So if you receive "hate comments" it will have to be one of the subscribers since only this group is allowed to see the signatures and post in the forum and gallery.

If you want to persue option #1, I am sure that I can set up something for you girls but I think that the gallery is quite adequate. Still like I said before - always open to suggestions.

[ QUOTE ]
dimopoulos said:
[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I wrote in a previous post, we have no problems with limits or space. You can put your pictures in your galleries. The only thing that we do not allow is hotlinking which is the images to be used by other sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a good idea and I have implemented it. Members of this discussion forum that have not paid the subscription fee are not allowed to see anyone's signature. So if you receive "hate comments" it will have to be one of the subscribers since only this group is allowed to see the signatures and post in the forum and gallery.

If you want to persue option #1, I am sure that I can set up something for you girls but I think that the gallery is quite adequate. Still like I said before - always open to suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's GREAT!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Gooooo Nikos!!!!
18_1_107v.gif

Thanks NIKOS!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Now what about rite click protecting our avatars? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank goodness. I am glad people can't see our siggys. At least instead having to guess about who's writing what, we'll at least have narrowed the perp to paying members.

I just wanted to remind people that some memberships have been paid for gracious people. Some of the people that have been paid for (not many, just a few) are embroiled in the drama involving NQ.

This is great Nikos, just one of the steps to keep a lot of malicious people who post under the guise of "posting nothig but the truth" from wreaking havoc!

Thank you!

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Thanks NIKOS!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Now what about rite click protecting our avatars? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be great if we could have this done! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow, ya'll are talking way over my head. I've got a link in my profile, I don't know how to do it any other way. Is this okay?

Back