Stylist Visit Gone Wrong..Preventative Measures /Consequential Actions for Misconduct

Re: Stylist Visit Gone Wrong..Preventative Measures /Consequential Actions for Miscon

I feel so bad every time I read one of these horror stories. I've been blessed with a wonderful stylist - my problem was time. One could easily spend 6 hours in the shop - you'd walk out with your hair healthy and swinging but I just couldn't afford the time anymore. If she said you needed a cut (not trim) I trusted that she would only cut what was neccesary & she always had hair health first (even refusing to put color in when I wanted - my hard head would do it myself and then pay the consequences). When she moved I put my hair in braids until she came back to town. No one has kept my hair healthy like she has my problem was me getting bored and kept cutting it.

I've had my hair in braids and twists and have been DIY for at least a year now. I will pay her a visit in June but I think I should send her flowers today.

For everyone I think the biggest thing is to trust your gut. I don't care if your head is soaking wet - if stylist says something that you KNOW is not right book on out of there. (However on the other hand some people get so caught up on length they take any approach of scissors as an assault - sometimes you need that cut to get rid of split ends so you can get the length you desire. No sense in doing all that hard work to have your hair not retain anything).

Back