STYLES FOR THE STYLE IMPAIRED

Thank you I needed this thread because I'm not sure what I will do for my hair long term. Even styles I thought were "protective" are not so protective or great after all.

natural-hairstyles3_diys.jpg

As a natural, I am struggling with the "In Between" length phase when it comes to styling my hair. It's not a short TWA but it's not a long head of hair either. Aside from wigs, I want to master doing buns with marley hair or braiding hair.

b5cddb84ea9f5316b3e57148a4eda0e9.jpg

I think having a pack of marley hair or jumbo braiding hair is a natural girls best friend for quick easy styles.

I cant find a picture but another thing that I have been doing is keeping on hand a pack of afro kinky hair (not wefted). I have less than medium-length fine natural hair...so by stuffing my front hair with the afro kinky hair I can easily create a pompadour hair style with my own puff, or a faux bun or even a beanie if I want to hide my mess, lol.

This is not my pic but you get an idea of how to section off the front
Up+Do7.jpg

Then stuff it with the afro hair to either create a Pompodour or twist style; basically it helps me achieve fullness that I couldn't get with my own hair:

images

images

ec521ac7a5514f1120464e519b1fc112.jpg

3d97f6a2804b4d9bcd5046ce96cbf2d9.jpg

2f0b69279c4e2539b74206db647c26fa.jpg

Not sure if these styles that I've posted fall in the category of "easy" or not...if not, I can start a separate thread for Hair style ideas for In Between-medium length naturals.

Back