Styles for Naturals

Nola Darling

Dear Naturals and Non-Naturals with Natural Hair Style SKills:

Typically, I am a flat ironed lady but I am trying to move away from that and sport some cute natural styles. I am looking to style my hair with rods for a curly springy look. Can that be done? Any one know where I can find some tutorials? Any advice?

TIA

plenty of naturals have successfully rollerset their hair. it's no different than doing it on relaxed hair - just might need some setting lotion or cone product to control frizz and poof.

i'm sure some of the ladies will have links handy.

how about some really narrow (or maybe not hehe) flat 2-strand twists in the front and rollerset curls or flexirod spiral curls in the back? <-------- that's an idea i had bangin around for when i feel like doing another rollerset.

you could gently blow out the front to make the look smoother or just rollerset it then twist.

plenty of naturals have successfully rollerset their hair. it's no different than doing it on relaxed hair - just might need some setting lotion or cone product to control frizz and poof.

i'm sure some of the ladies will have links handy.

how about some really narrow (or maybe not hehe) flat 2-strand twists in the front and rollerset curls or flexirod spiral curls in the back? <-------- that's an idea i had bangin around for when i feel like doing another rollerset.

you could gently blow out the front to make the look smoother or just rollerset it then twist.

Thanks, do you think Fantasia IC Gel would work in it or would that be too stiff. I just bought some today because I've heard about it here.

honestly, you're going to have to just experiment to see what you like and what your hair likes. Thank goodness gel is cheap! don't be afraid to have a couple different gels around either........sometimes one works better for some things, you know?

try adding a little oil to your gel if it feels too stiff (start small then add more, see if it helps).

hope you post some pictures :yep:

I have rollerset, it looked pretty much the same as it did when I had a relaxer or used a blow dryer.

My daily style is to two-strand twist my hair into 4-6 sections slightly damp. Then untwist it in the morning and fluff it. It keeps it looking kinda curly, but stretched and untangled. My avatar is after a fresh wash and my album is after a few grease-filled days. LOL

I have rollerset, it looked pretty much the same as it did when I had a relaxer or used a blow dryer.

My daily style is to two-strand twist my hair into 4-6 sections slightly damp. Then untwist it in the morning and fluff it. It keeps it looking kinda curly, but stretched and untangled. My avatar is after a fresh wash and my album is after a few grease-filled days. LOL

You are giving me some ideas, you hair is so pretty! BTW, I love your short hair days...Makes me want to chop my hair off:grin:

Back