Stupid flat twists question

Lady S

Flat twists have been around for awhile, so I should know this but how do you secure them when you're only doing the front and leaving the rest out? Rubber bands? Bobby pins? Staples?!? And are you risking breakage securing these things?

I'm natural and 4a so my hair secures itself. I never have to use any thing to secure my flat twists.
When I used to flat twist my sisters' hair, I would use the little black rubber bands to secure the base of the tail and the end of the tail. To take them out, I would cut them out.

I use the little black rubber bands. I make sure to use a lot of oil, reason being is that the oil will eat through the rubberband and why it's time for them to come out they will pop and unravel. Sometimes they won't pop but inthis case they will slide out withease because of the oil. Hope this helps!

I'm natural and 4a so my hair secures itself. I never have to use any thing to secure my flat twists.
When I used to flat twist my sisters' hair, I would use the little black rubber bands to secure the base of the tail and the end of the tail. To take them out, I would cut them out.

So, you can just flat twists and it'll stay there? Do you use gel while you're twisting?

I love your hair in your sig, by the way.

So, you can just flat twists and it'll stay there? Do you use gel while you're twisting?

Yes, you can do flat twist most of them will stay. I have a couple of stubborn twists I usually end up braiding. I do my twists with wet hair and when it dries, it dries in place and the twist holds. Every now and then I will use gel, but not always.

Thank you

I never use any gels in my hair.
I twist my hair on wash day. I use Lustrasilk conditioner mixed with castor oil as my leave-in on my wet hair and just twist. My hair never unravels. It curls and hangs on to itself. As it dries, it tightens and then it really ain't going no where.

Back