Stupid coloring question

jrae

I know nada about applying color or rinses to my hair. I only started doing it lately to disguise some of this grey creeping in. This is my second time using Colorshines.

First off, I don't have the right color. Its okay, but not quite right. My natural hair color has been called 'chestnut brown'. I naturally have some gold and red highlights. I used Ginger Colorshines.

My main question is this... I've read all the threads on using Colorshines. I applied it after my relaxer, etc. But how do i keep it off my scalp? I have a couple of spots on my scalp that are orange. :eek: No one can see it except one of the spots is in the front. Any tips or tricks for doing this better in the furture? or cleaning up my scalp now?

TIA

I don't think that you want to do this to your scalp but nail polish remover and sometimes rubbing alcohol will remove dye stains from skin.
I guess that your scalp is getting colored because the base in those areas are gone after you neutralize your relaxer.

You could try towel drying and then putting on another layer of protective cream. so that you scalp won't color.

karezone, thank you! I will try that. I have light skin so this orange is BLINGING! :crazy:

Back