Strong protein treatments necesary?

soslychic

The condition of my hair right now is pretty good, it's not breaking or anything and I wanted to know if those heavey protein non creamy concentrations (like nex emergencee) were really necesary for my hair. I'm currently using a creamy protein treatment every 4 weeks, but I was wondering if I needed more. My hair is not acting up, but will the emergencee do something to prevent that from ever happening in the future? I don't wanna spend the money if I don't have too, but I defeintly don't want to do anything that could impeed the progress in the future.

What I say is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If what you're doing now is working for you, lock up that PJ monster threatening to get loose and stick to the regimen that's working. A change could undo all the good you're doing. The only time to consider a change is when you're having problems. You're not, so don't create any. JMHO

[EDIT: I meant to add, protein treatments are for strength and it sounds like your hair is getting all it needs. Any more and you could go beyond fortifying the hair so that you get length...to making it hard and brittle (not pliable) so it that breaks easily. So no, strong treatments aren't necessary if your hair isn't weak.]

I think if your hair is behaving fine then you don't need a super protein treatment like Aphogee or DRC in your repertoire.

Back