Stripping silicones off your hair

Sui Topi

What is strong enough to remove silicones off of your hair, but is gentle with no sls or parabens to dry out your hair? I've sparked back up my relationship with coney conditioners and have been washing maybe every other day with jasons apricot shampoo or johnsons baby shampoo (its just what i had on hand lol, no specific reason. I think there is a sulfate in that too anyway) to keep my slate clean in a sense. My hair isn't dry, but I just wonder if those products are strong enough to really de-cone my hair.

try a shikakai soap bar. i've noticed that after using, my hair feels a bit like it's been clarifyed. real squeaky clean.

someone told me that suave clarifying shampoo does a great job and is sulfate-free. i actually haven't tried it yet so i'm not too much help but i've been meaning to get some!

the suave daily clarifying shampoo? definitely has sulfates.

Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, PEG 5 Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730)

it's actually one of the harsher shampoos that i've used. tangles up my hair real bad if i'm not careful.

Thanks so much ladies! Sandy Rabbit, I totally forgot to check on this thread yesterday so it wont be so easy for me (lol its okay I'll just look in your history and see which ones you bumped.) Thanks alot! I will most likely be doing the baking soda stuff though. I will also check if there is cocobetaine in my jasons.

oh lol it was only one thread so it was easy! Thanks though! That Christophe looks interesting, but I don't think they sell it over here.

I jjust bought... I didn't use it yet though. It was the cheapest one mentioned. I'll try to remember to let you know how it works. If you have a CVS near you, they should have it. You can also get it on the CVS website.

Back