stretching relaxers,eliminating heat, texlaxing or other

IMFOCSD

What do you ladies think contributes to gaining thickness to your hair? I finally put a relaxer in my hair yesterday. Before that my last relaxer was november 11. I must say it is between stretching relaxers and texlaxing. Since i have to vote I will go with texlaxing (is that when you leave the relaxer on for half a short period)? I know my hair is way thicker now. I have been told that my hair is getting thick which is something that never used to happen. I have not eliminated heat yet but i have reduced my heat usage. What about you ladies?

This thread was supposed to have a poll but i guess I did something wrong, O well.

Last edited:
sweetcoco said:
What do you ladies think contributes to gaining thickness to your hair? I finally put a relaxer in my hair yesterday. Before that my last relaxer was november 11. I must say it is between stretching relaxers and texlaxing. Since i have to vote I will go with texlaxing (is that when you leave the relaxer on for half a short period)? I know my hair is way thicker now. I have been told that my hair is getting thick which is something that never used to happen. I have not eliminated heat yet but i have reduced my heat usage. What about you ladies?

This thread was supposed to have a poll but i guess I did something wrong, O well.

You may still be able to do a poll in the advanced feature, I'm not sure. Anyway, you do have an advantage of being recently pregnant and all those extra hormones and nutrients. :)

For me, I would say no heat is the primary cause of my thickness. I saw my thin, see-through hair change before my eyes just by eliminating heat alone. It only took a few weeks to see the difference.

Stretching, texlaxing and carrot juice contributed after that. :)

OT: Aww, D'Angelo looks likes a beautiful, sweet baby!

Texlaxing and stretching has helped me. I think that I am no longer texlaxed and I don't know if I should stretch 3 months anymore, but I'm not using heat as much. So we'll see....

I find my texlaxed hair rebels when I stretch longer than 6 weeks. I need all the help I can get.:ohwell:

I don't use any heat, and sometimes I'm itching to use it, because I want to wear my hair down and straight.

Oh well... My hair is thick, and it's beyond thick now that I have new growth, man oh man.

I stretch relaxers and I've eliminated heat. I'm gonna get a flatiron though, but when I do, I'll only use it when I want to go somewhere with straight hair (or when my newgrowth starts actin a donkey :)) These two things have definately contributed to how thick my hair is now

I definitely think stretching number one and no heat use has contributed to me gaining thickness and retaining length. Still have.a long way to my goal length but I'm getting use to my kinky hair and no heat routine

Isis said:
You may still be able to do a poll in the advanced feature, I'm not sure. Anyway, you do have an advantage of being recently pregnant and all those extra hormones and nutrients. :)

For me, I would say no heat is the primary cause of my thickness. I saw my thin, see-through hair change before my eyes just by eliminating heat alone. It only took a few weeks to see the difference.

Stretching, texlaxing and carrot juice contributed after that. :)

OT: Aww, D'Angelo looks likes a beautiful, sweet baby!

Thank you Isis, he is sweet and so spoiled.

Back