Stretch and Relax, weave then what?

trinidarkie1

I've been toying with several ideas concerning my hair.
Now that I've achieved my 10/11 week growth out of 12 weeks, I just dont know what to do.
I normally love to stretch between relaxers so that I can see the new growth. But, not that I have stretched for so long without extensions in, it just feels strange.

My hair seems healthy etc, no breaking and shedding, but I look really busted, and although it doesnt bother me on a regular, now that I'm trying to be more sociable, I dont think this is a good look.

So Idea #1 was getting braids. I dont want shingles/micros because I dont have the patience to put them in or take them out and they just pull my hair out. Then I wanted to get conrowed braids, but I didntn realise that I had to wash the hair out first or whatever.. too much drama.

Idea #2, I just think I am going to relax my hair and have my hairdresser in Bklyn sew in some weave.
Normally she'd put some tracks from left to right, leaving some hair out in between so it looks more natural, but another hair dresser told me that that breaks your hair... true?
However, that style is so much easier to manage.

Then if I get a whole head of weave with just the front out, I notice that after sweating a lot at the gym etc, and the tracks start sagging, it getting harder to manage it with washing and treatments etc.

Do I have that $45 each week to get it washed out at the hairdressers, maybe I should just invest in getting a Hood dryer and avoid the hairdresser all together.

Make up my mind for somebody! :lol:
Now that I've worked so hard on getting the products and my regimen together, I feel like a sell out for wanting to relax and weave!

Don't feel like a sell out b/c you want to relax/weave--do what u think is best for your hair.

plus--you don't HAVE to rinse the hair b/f you get braids/cornrolls---some do and some don't. If you don't want to relax yet----gon' and get some cornrolls.

Whatever u get--just remember to take care of your hair the best u can in that style.

Hmmn thanks Ayoung1981.
I just wanna look pretty and normally stretching is an ugly duckling phase for me yuh know?
I think I'm gonna look butch with the braids :lol:
But yuh know what the weave and stuff is free, so to heck with it.. I'm gonna get me a free hairdo from my fav hairdresser.. so whatever :lol:

Back