Straightening Natural Hair (Another Thread)

NewYorkgyrl

Which method of blowdrying do you think will get natural hair (4a/4b) straighter:

Using a comb attachment or using a denman/paddle brush

And which of this do you think would be more damaging for the hair?

My hair dresser uses the paddle brush. I think that's better than the comb attachment because the dryer is being held at a longer distance from the hair. But if you're going to do it yourself, it's gonna be harder to try and maneuver both at the same time.

Thanks! I'm planning on going to the salon to get it done. But I was stuck between which salon I was gonna choose because one uses the comb attachment and then flat irons. The other uses the paddle brush and then if you want tight curls (like when I pin curl it) they said they will use the marcel iron.

Thanks! I'm planning on going to the salon to get it done. But I was stuck between which salon I was gonna choose because one uses the comb attachment and then flat irons. The other uses the paddle brush and then if you want tight curls (like when I pin curl it) they said they will use the marcel iron.

Well I think the marcel iron is worse than the flat iron. Marcel irons don't have temperature control. :ohwell: I mean technically any skilled stylist should be able to use either method without damaging your hair but if this is your first time visiting this salon, you may not know how each stylist operates.

Back