Naturals that blowdry:Paddle brush or comb attatchment?

Paddle Brush or comb attatchment?

• Comb Attatchment

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Paddle Brush

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other (ex. tension method, ect)-please explain

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been using the tension method, but with no comb or brush. I use the concentrater nozel and run the dryer down my hair as if I am combing it.

I use a denman brush to get my ends straighter.

I've always been afraid to use a comb attachment on my natural hair.

I use a blowout comb (shaped like a hatchet)... very easy to use and I have little to no breakage if I properly pep my hair for the blowout.

When I was relaxed I used a round tourmaline brush. My hair would come out so straight and bouncy. While transitioning I only blow dried
a few times, maybe two, and I found it easier to use a comb attachment. My t3 blow dryer didn't come with an attachment so I bought a universal attachment from conair. Now that I've BC'ed I don't think I'd have any other option than to use the comb, but I'll be refraining from heat for a while.

I like to use both. I use the comb attachment for a few passes on a section then I get my hair in the brush and pull it threw with the comb attachment resting on the brush and my hair is in the middle of the two. I hope that makes sense.

I've blow dried 3x. The 1st 2x I used a paddle brush. Came out great. This last time I used a comb attachment. Came out even better, which I liked because the straighter I can get my hair while blow drying, the less intense I have to be to get a silky flat iron.

I use a paddle brush, but only because it came with my blow dryer. I prefer comb attachments, which are much more easier to use.

Paddle brush + tension works better than the comb attachment. It doesn't dry my hair too fast, so that my hair isn't crispy. It's also a lot less damage this way, as I'm not applying heat directly to my hair, I'm diffusing it in a nozzle. With a comb, the heat is direct. I can get the roots a lot easier with a paddle brush and nozzle, too. 10/10.

Back