Straightened, small trim by my DD

BostonMaria

I was at the salon today watching my mom getting her hair done. I asked the lady how much she'd charge me if I only got my hair blow dried. She said $15 bucks so I decided to let her do my hair. I rollerset my hair yesterday, but unfortunately the rain made my hair go POOF

The lady took out my ponytail, saw all that hair (I'm 3b/3c but VERY thick hair and ALOT) and as she gave me the side eye :rolleyes: she said "$20 for you" Oh great :nono:

So the blow fry oops I mean blow dry was painful. I remembered why I stopped going to the salon LOL :grin: Overall she did an ok job. She told me I needed a trim. I'm thinking yep but it ain't gonna be done by YOU lady LOL

The first picture is my hair in a ponytail. The second picture is my hair down and I was discouraged at how my ends look. So I decided to use Feye's instructions on how to do a blunt cut and I had my 20 yr old daughter cut my ends. It doesn't look like much, but because my hair is growing uneven she actually cut over an inch. I like this much better, but I need to give myself a better trim soon. I will probably wait until the fall to trim.

Attachments

• July2010.jpg
    July2010.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 233
  • July2010 Straight.jpg
    July2010 Straight.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 257
  • July2010Trim.jpg
    July2010Trim.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 291
Your hair looks nice!! Your DD did a good job.

My DD does a good job cutting my hair too.

Our kids got skillz! LOL

Your hair looks nice!! Your DD did a good job.

My DD does a good job cutting my hair too.

Our kids got skillz! LOL

Thanks ladies!

This was the first time that I let her cut my hair. I made her take those pictures too. I gave birth to her so the least she can do is put up with my crazy hair pictures LOL

Thanks Maria...for not letting the stylist trim that pretty hair of yours! If you had, the title of the thread may have been "RANT! Straightened, HUGE CUT by SHS", lol

Thanks Maria...for not letting the stylist trim that pretty hair of yours! If you had, the title of the thread may have been "RANT! Straightened, HUGE CUT by SHS", lol

Ha! Unless I'm in a coma or drunk at the salon that ain't gonna happen! :lachen::lachen:

The last trim by a professional stylist was April 2007 when I was transitioning. I've had my share of tears due to people cutting 2" and more. Never again! Plus I have read enough horror stories to know better.

how exactly did they do the blow dry? like with a round brush?
and Im curious as to why u said it was painfull ... do u mean physically or mentally. Only asking b/c when I get my hair lightly blown out before I twist, its mentally painful, even though I carry my own heat protectant etc. lol

nice results !!!!

how exactly did they do the blow dry? like with a round brush?
and Im curious as to why u said it was painfull ... do u mean physically or mentally. Only asking b/c when I get my hair lightly blown out before I twist, its mentally painful, even though I carry my own heat protectant etc. lol

nice results !!!!

Yes it was the round brush method of straightening hair. It was painful because she got too close to my scalp with the hot dryer and it hurt. I made sure to protest whenever it felt uncomfortable.

Your hair looks great. But if I were you, I would not trim in the fall, I'd wait longer, and let the hair do what it do. It looks like your hair just grows unevenly like many of ours does. So long as it's curly or rollerset or in a pony it's not very noticeable. Just give the rest of the hair time to catch up. I'm thinking about what Chicoro always says.

Your hair looks great. But if I were you, I would not trim in the fall, I'd wait longer, and let the hair do what it do. It looks like your hair just grows unevenly like many of ours does. So long as it's curly or rollerset or in a pony it's not very noticeable. Just give the rest of the hair time to catch up. I'm thinking about what Chicoro always says.

Thanks Hopeful. I was more annoyed with how my ends looked. And yes my hair grows uneven for whatever reason. I will really try not to straighten it anymore so I won't see how uneven it is :grin:

Your hair is gorgeous and longer than I expected. :lick:

Thanks! But I'm bald, don't know what you're talking about :lachen:

I Love love love your hair! Great job on the trim to your DD she did not cut much and it looks good!

Gosh that hair looks beautiful (and sooooo nice and straight too!!!)

Boston, I'm really agreeing with hopeful about not being too quick to trim especially if you're an uneven grower. It all usually catches up within a few months.

As long as you're not having ssk's or splits, let it grow. You do beautiful rollersets so no one but you will know it's coming in unevenly.

I was at the salon today watching my mom getting her hair done. I asked the lady how much she'd charge me if I only got my hair blow dried. She said $15 bucks so I decided to let her do my hair. I rollerset my hair yesterday, but unfortunately the rain made my hair go POOF ...

:lol: Isn't it supposed to be humid and rainy in the next few days too? Or did you just want to get a good picture? ;)

Looks good, as always. :)

I agree with the other ladies. Your hair will even up. Mine is slightly uneven now, but I'm gonna let it even up. I've been needing 2 inches to get to waist for the past year and I keep trimming to have it perfectly even, but I'm gonna roll with it and let it grow instead.

Back