Straighten your curls and never dress like Rachel Zoe ......

Embyra

As the Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti Stanger knows a thing or two about how to win the heart of a wealthy man.
And fans of her hit Bravo show know she is not one to mince her words when it comes to telling clients how they could change their weight, hair colour or behaviour to improve their dating prospects.
Now the relationship guru, 50, has revealed her style tips for women keen to secure that second date.

She explains why curly-haired women - with the exception of Andie McDowell - should always straighten their hair and why the Rachel Zoe boho look will never be a winner when it comes to bagging a man.

She told Today.com: 'Silky Asian hair has been in for the last 100 years, probably for the history of style. It signifies opulent wealth and sophistication.
'Men who are wealthy like straight hair, they like to run their hands through it, not get tangled in there like it does with curls. And honestly, very few women have perfect curls. Unless you’re Andie McDowell, the curls just look messy.'

She added, rather controversially, that red hair was a dating faux pas too - much to the anger of members of her own family.
'My cousin is a redhead and she almost kicked my *** for this,' she revealed. 'The only men who like redheads are Irish.
'I can’t get my millionaires to date a redhead - it has nothing to do with me. I can’t make my millionaires pick what I want; It’s not me; it’s the men. I’m just the distributor.'

When it comes to fashion, boho is a no-no, as Ms Stanger believes clothes should be fitted.

She continued: 'No woman should be walking around in boho. It might look great on Rachel Zoe, but we all don’t have her body. How are you going to wear a tent dress and expect to get laid?'

PATTI STANGER'S DATING DRESS CODE
1. CHOOSE FITTED CLOTHES
'How are you going to wear a tent dress and expect to get laid? The girl with the great legs should wear a mini skirt, the girl with the swan neck should not be hiding in a turtleneck.'
2. DON'T OVERDO ACCESSORIES
'I love Coco Chanel and she would always say, "take the last thing off that you put on". People overaccessorize and it’s just overwhelming. Men will look at you and think you’re just too high maintenance.'
3. WEAR THE RIGHT COLOURS
'Black is always best when you’re bloated, but red wins a man’s heart. Stick to jewel tones like blues and greens. And pumpkin, orange or yellow tones? Stay away.'
4. SHOP WITH A STRAIGHT GUY
'Don’t go shopping with your female friends or gay male friends. What do they know about what will appeal to a straight guy? Take a straight, hot guy shopping to dress you for a date.

Source: Today.com
She cited Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian as women who understood how to dress for their body types, explaining that girls with great legs should bring out the miniskirt, while one with a swan neck, shouldn't hide it in a turtleneck.
Nor should a girl overaccessorise, as the reality star believes too much jewellery makes a woman look high-maintenance. She added that a man is also unlikely to know whether your costume baubles are real or fake.
She explained: 'I always say, "Don’t wear your diamonds to a date, or he has nothing to buy you."'
In terms of colour, black, rend and jewel tones like sapphire blue and emerald green are in, while pumpkins and yellows are out - 'no man's going to go there,' Ms Stanger said. Prints are also off-limits.
For the best possible dating wardrobe, she advises shopping with a hot straight guy rather than gay or female friends.
'He’ll know what will get you laid,' she said. 'At the end of the day, sex signals the man, and sex equals romance to the man.
'The first step toward a relationship is making him want you,' she added.

I kind of agree with the dress code except for walking around in a miniskirt all the time. With the hair she's probably talking about women who go around with a bit tamer version of this
images

I've seen many heads like that with men but not millionaires :lol:

She is just a television personality (a single one to boot) so I don't take her seriously. Straight hair is in fashion, but the 80's and early 90's were all about the curls.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

Oh Patti. Is this advice for white women only? A black woman with gorgeous dark skin should totally be in yellow, no?

And the new crop of up and coming black men and women wear and support natural hair, no? Though most still keep the natural hair straight.

I agree abt accessories.

Sent from my HERO200 using HERO200

Lol I can't stand that woman. How about men don't like drag queen looking ignorant women. She thinks she knows everything, but can't keep a man herself.

Sent from my iPad

So every woman in the world who wants a man needs to have straight silky asian like hair.....whatever Patti.:rolleyes:

I haven't liked her since she made all the curly hair comments. Coming from someone who hasn't been married and doesn't have a man her opinion means nothing to me anyway.

Curly hair is sexy!!!:lick: Patti needs some herself with her same old boring flat hair every day. Put a bend in it or something Patti!

Patty probably has a Jew fro naturally because she said she gets the Japanese straightning system on her hair-which is why it's so boring and pin straight. Remember those awful bangs she had for years?? Ugh she doesn't have a clue. And the guy i currently date prefers my hair curly over straight...he's no millionaire but hey he's a man. Where's Patti's man??

Having been to enough mixers and events where all the wives are exactly what Patti promotes - blond, pin straight hair, as thin as possible, body con "tasteful" dress, understated jewelry, overly tanned, red or coral pedicure, neutral nails... I think she's giving those types of men exactly what they want.

Can't shoot the messenger on this one.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I believe she is giving these men exactly what they are asking for. From what I've observed on her show, the millionaires she features seem like the type of men who only pursue certain type of women. They come off as pretentious and chauvinistic. Notice how many of them pass over decent women their age for young, party girls all while complaining about not being able to find wife material? Any woman who is seeking out such a man will need to become a "Stepford wife" type.

LadyChe, I've witnessed the same exact thing. Many may not agree with me, but most white women do not look that great with curly hair because they just don't know how to wear it. Taylor Swift would be an exception off the top of my head. Her curls are fabulous. Otherwise, curly hair just fits women of color better.

Having been to enough mixers and events where all the wives are exactly what Patti promotes - blond, pin straight hair, as thin as possible, body con "tasteful" dress, understated jewelry, overly tanned, red or coral pedicure, neutral nails... I think she's giving those types of men exactly what they want.

Can't shoot the messenger on this one.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2
This. Patti is funny to me.

I kind of agree with the dress code except for walking around in a miniskirt all the time. With the hair she's probably talking about women who go around with a bit tamer version of this
images

I've seen many heads like that with men but not millionaires :lol:

I've seen her tell a woman with lovely, long, silky curls that her hair looks like a Brillo pad. I can't be that mad at Patti, she's delivering what these men want. But she's extra-cruel about it and does it with even the most beautiful curls.

She is just a television personality (a single one to boot) so I don't take her seriously. Straight hair is in fashion, but the 80's and early 90's were all about the curls.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

Thank you. I was in middle school in the 90s and all the girls had perms.

Ugh, this woman is so biased. She doesn't even love herself, have you noticed how plump her lips have gotten? She turned me off ever since she aired that professional and wealthy bbw on her show to make her look desperate and cheap. It's a fake show, she's a tv personality who does whatever, and says whatever to boost her ratings. She's loud, obnoxious, has no ***, and she can't even take her own advice. DH happens to be a white man and he LOVES and prefers curly hair. Of course myself, I'd rather have the wavy look. I bet she cries herself to sleep at night and wakes up next to an empty box of red wine.

That advice has been for her white clients. alot of the white dudes that pay her want the girls to have straight here(the ones that only asks for white girls anyway)

for the black ones, she doesnt say anything about hair, just a cocktail dress.

I love the show, I love that she knows what she's doing most of the time and her disdain for redheads cracks me up.

She doesnt have a "man" because her fiancee was against kids/adoption so they finally broke up last year

why are yall mad again?

Oh btw I saw the Baje, the author of the Gold Digger book on the show, apparently she's bisexual. She's really pretty and her body's on point!

Last edited:
^^^

i agree

i like patti and i dig her show
most of what she says, IMO, makes sense and is applicable

the straight hair thing...how many times have we discussed this here?
yeah, your man may prefer curly hair, but don't most men...of any color, race, etc...prefer straight hair?

i think she throws people off w/ her delivery
i'll admit she's crass and sometimes tacky

and of course her being single gives people ammunition and gets her easily dismissed

I can't stand advice about what men i.e. all men like or want. I don't want to be with any man that I have to change myself for. It's one thing to give tips on how to meet men or how to be more likeable to men, but telling people how they should look and dress? That you have to look a certain way to find a husband? :nono: Who believes that? Women act like men are some alien life force from planet Kucatron or something... men are people just like we are, damn.

Isnt kids something you discuss early on in a relationship? She needs to take some of her own advice.

agreed. she harps on getting non-negotibles out of the way so I found that weird to be honest IMHO, she should get over the kids thing, she's literally knocking 50. sad she let that happen cos she was really into that dude.

@LadyChe, I've witnessed the same exact thing. Many may not agree with me, but most white women do not look that great with curly hair because they just don't know how to wear it. Taylor Swift would be an exception off the top of my head. Her curls are fabulous. Otherwise, curly hair just fits women of color better.
I think white women with curly hair need the same type of natural hair education that black women do. The Curly Girl routine is a great thing for white women who find out about it...NaturallyCurly has great photos of whats possible and I recommend it to white women with curls when I get the chance.

ETA: I agree with mischka that maybe a man with such narrow physical ideals isn't for every woman. Too many woman spend too much time fretting over gaining the attention of men whose personalities suck because they've been labeled a good catch. Besides, there' other men who have money through non-traditional fields or methods... it doesn't have to be all about the big lawyer or banker.

Last edited:
I can't stand advice about what men i.e. all men like or want. I don't want to be with any man that I have to change myself for. It's one thing to give tips on how to meet men or how to be more likeable to men, but telling people how they should look and dress? That you have to look a certain way to find a husband? :nono: Who believes that? Women act like men are some alien life force from planet Kucatron or something... men are people just like we are, damn.

This is only true with the men who use her service, but fortunately it doesn't hold for all men :yep:.

Men who pay that type of money to find a mate do so because they are in search of a certain type of woman. In their mind, they are creating their dream girl. Patti is only going on what these men have told her. Like I've said, the men on her show are not the type of guys I'd look at twice, no matter how much money they have. They don't seem to have much respect for women and they use their money as a way to make up for their lack of character. The advice she gives is spot on for women who are willing to change who they are to snag one of these guys. I'll pass.

Oh Patti. Is this advice for white women only? A black woman with gorgeous dark skin should totally be in yellow, no?

And the new crop of up and coming black men and women wear and support natural hair, no? Though most still keep the natural hair straight.

I agree abt accessories.

Sent from my HERO200 using HERO200

I remember going to a party in orange and had guys drooling over me....

Why are people getting so pissy ITT? CLEARLY she is talking about the typical look her millionaire clients go for. Don't shoot the messenger! If you yourself are not pursuing one of her clients then WTF are you so butthurt about it? My god, talk about overreacting!

Back