Still confused about protein!?

devin

:confused: Okay ladies so i have read Supergirls thread about protein and keratin, hydrolyzed animal protein, and wheat, soy, vegetable proteins etc. I have read about hardcore vs. light vs. gentle proteins and I am still confused about what protein to use when. I am going to relax my hair soon and want to make sure i know when to use protein. I have Nexxus keraphix so do i use it the day I relax followed by a deep conditioner, or do i use it a week later? How long after a relaxer do you do hardcore proteins? Somebody please help me I don't want my hair to fall out! This is the order i planned to do it in:
1. Relax
2. Rinse
3. Reconstructor(keraphix or affirm 5-in-1)
4. neutralizing poo
5. ms
6. deep con.
7. rinse
8. leave-in
9. moisturize
10. serum

Last edited:
devin said:
:confused: Okay ladies so i have read Supergirls thread about protein and keratin, hydrolyzed animal protein, and wheat, soy, vegetable proteins etc. I have read about hardcore vs. light vs. gentle proteins and I am still confused about what protein to use when. I am going to relax my hair soon and want to make sure i know when to use protein. I have Nexxus keraphix so do i use it the day I relax followed by a deep conditioner, or do i use it a week later? How long after a relaxer do you do hardcore proteins? Somebody please help me I don't want my hair to fall out! This is the order i planned to do it in:
1. Relax
2. Rinse
3. Reconstructor(keraphix or affirm 5-in-1)
4. neutralizing poo
5. ms
6. deep con.
7. rinse
8. leave-in
9. moisturize
10. serum

I am in the same boat as you... But my hair is protein sensitive so I have to be careful with my "daily" products. Everything seems to have some type of protein in it :mad:

From what I have read, you use KerapHix about 4 days prior to relaxer... After I rinse out my relaxer I use Motions Salon Herbals Neutralizing Conditioner (apple green bottle), then neutralize w/poo... then after that, for deep conditioning w/heat, use AtOne reconstructor (non-protein based) mixed with Aussie Moist - trust me, you will LOVE the way your hair feels after DC with this!... Then use your hardcore protein a week or so afterward (of course followed by *hardcore* moisture :) ).

NoNapNique said:
I am in the same boat as you... But my hair is protein sensitive so I have to be careful with my "daily" products.

I think I am the same way (unless I am doing something wrong). I had NO breakage and after doing a protein treatment, I noticed a small amount of breakage. :eek: My hair felt moist and soft, but I still notice a little when I run my fingers through.

okay thanks ladies! i will hold off on the protein until a week or two after my relaxer(rather be safe than sorry). if i do that does the deep conditioner help give strength back?

Back