Stick a fork in me...I'm done.

caligirl

I've had enough with trying new products. I'm actually embarrased with the amount of money I've spent on products. Yesterday I carried two big boxes filled with hair products to Martha's Table in D.C. Its an organization that serves warm meals daily to people in need. They also operate a thrift store and a literacy program for young children. I would like to encourage any other PJ's to donate their unwanted products to a similar organization. It feels so good to help people who are less fortunate and I'm hoping that it will cure my PJ habit for good.

caligirl said:
I've had enough with trying new products. I'm actually embarrased with the amount of money I've spent on products. Yesterday I carried two big boxes filled with hair products to Martha's Table in D.C. Its an organization that serves warm meals daily to people in need. They also operate a thrift store and a literacy program for young children. I would like to encourage any other PJ's to donate their unwanted products to a similar organization. It feels so good to help people who are less fortunate and I'm hoping that it will cure my PJ habit for good.
Don`t feel bad because when I first started lurking I bought EVERYTHING someone raved about..Now I have boxes & boxes of hair products I have to hide whenever I have company( everyone already thinks I`m obsessed with my hair)...i am finally close to establishing a good regime..All of the products I purchased were not a total loss . At least I found out what products work best with my hair...Now my only problem is what do i do with all the products I can`t use ( I may take your suggestion & try to find a similar place locally)

You are NOT alone! Last month I gave away 3 grocery bags FULL of hair products, that was a reality check...

Sadly I still have a lot of stuff to 'use up'.

I was thinking about my cabinet full of stuff a week ago and shaking my head. But then it hit me... I had to go through all those to find the 6 I love. The only way to find what your hair needs, w/o a full spectum microscope and a degree in hair science, is trial and error. Sure, I have 25 bottles of stuff I hate and only 6 I adore. But if not for raves and pjism I would not have found what truly works for me. I think my briming cabinent is a worthy sacrifice and I credit it as much as the techniques I've learned for my hair's current state. Will this end my PJism? No. I still need something to keep my hair moist when I straighten it. But I've found an instant conditioner (Aveda... yay!! and Cathy Howse said it couldnt' be done), a deep conditioner, poo, moisturizer, styling products and coloring product that I adore. That's from trial and error. I don't think there's any other way. Is there?

I have cut back a great deal also. I am currently only replacing products as they run out. I stopped buying so much when I realized that I was a conditioner wh*re.

Back