steps to SL...

shetara20

Hello Ladies! I know Im not the only one that is struggling trying to get to SL by december! I self relaxed and trimmed about a week and I am back to the length that I was beore I got my micros because I never got my hair trimmed before then.:wallbash: So Im basically the length i was in June. I really wanna make SL in December so I wont have to struggle so much to make a ponytail.:lachen:What were the steps you ladies took to acheive SL??? What did you do to speed up growth besides growth aides?? I work out everyday and co-wash every other day r so.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm kinda in the same struggle as you but I will say that when I was wearing micros-even when I kept my hair sprayed down with moisturizer my ends still got a little damaged- which kept me from retaining as much length. I think braided styles where the weave is braided past the natural hair are the best option,and it's a good idea to spray with a water based moisturizer daily(I mostly used aloe juice and water or wave neuvo). When I was out of braids I did braidouts/twistouts and flexi rod sets until my hair was long enough to bun. I'm sure other ladies can be more helpful.

Well, I stopped stressing about my hair (literally) I also stopped watching it. Your hair grows, and I have to say I don't believe growth aids really help much if there's an underlying issue.

That said, 80% of hair growth is technique. How you wash, condition, style. For me, I take the KISS approach.

I have lots of medium/fine strands.

I comb/brush every 4 days. I wash/condition 2 times a week. I rinse my hair on workout days (have to because I hate my scalp getting nasty) My 2nd conditioner is always a deep one.

I get relax whenever I think about it. (usually when I can't comb anymore) But for the sake of this post, its usually after 12 weeks.

The only mega thing I up is what I use for moisterizing. I think as better things come out, I give them a shot to see if they work or not. However, on the journey from ear to SL I used Care Free Curl Gold.

I also do a no no for some, which is a soft protien at every condition. My hair likes it, so for me it works fine.

Its rare that I wear my hair down. Even back when my hair was mega short, I'd but it in its little bun and keep moving. Some do the baggie method (my hair didn't like it though)

Now my routine may not work for you. You'll probably get 50-11 answers to this one question because we're all a little different and have different environments. So there's really not just 1 definitive answer.

You really have to listen to your hair to see what she needs daily. :yep:

I started at earlength and admittedly its hard to not be a little stressed about that when you see so many heads of beautiful hair here. But we all start somewhere at some point.

Good Luck.

-A

Back