Steampod RAVE!

Channy31

grow

I bought the steam pod a few days ago and tried it out yesterday, any it is the best product I have ever used, even better than the design essentials STS treatment which I loved.

The steam pod is basically a flat iron with steam and you're meant to use certain products with it too.

The products are protein based I think.. One of them has a lot of nice oils in it, the steam is supposed to help the products penetrate the hair strands. I'm guessing it probably works with other products too but we'll see.

I bought the pink steam pod and two products for £126!

The reasons I love it:
1) speeds up styling time: normally when I flat iron I blow dry my hair semi straight which takes about 2 hours (I have a crazy amount of hair) then I flat iron for about an hour. With this you just "rough dry" your hair i.e. don't dry it straight. Despite my really thick huge curly hair on one pass of 180 centigrade my hair was straight. With two passes it was perfect.And it only took about 40 mins!
2)My hair has never been this shiny! Like I said, I loved the DE STS yet my hair is shiner with this!
3) my hair has a crazy amount of movement
4) My hair is super smooth and healthy looking/ feeling (and dare I say actually healthier?)
5) The flat iron is less damaging than a normal flat iron
6) No frizz, now my hair is super prone to frizz which I've learned to live with. With this there is none
7) Last night I just slept with my hair down (I know, not a good idea) and when I woke up my hair was still straight and beautiful

Now for pics:
I pin curled my hair for extra body :)
Also, my hair is very dark so I have limited photos of after, but I got tons of compliments and my housemates who are boys said that my hair looked really healthy.. and they never notice things like that.

Before:
2n707ix.png

2nw2y5e.png

40 mins and 180 degrees centigrade later

After:
xbl35.png

2mqly10.png

The straightness is supposed to last up to three days, I'll update each day to see if it lasts :)

Side question: What do people think my hair type is?

Last edited:
You're hair type is beautiful!

Great review I will definitely look more into this.

Eta: why can't I find a price on this? Is it only sold in the UK?

Last edited:
Woah that's some gorgeous hair b4 and after!

ETA- your hair type seems to be 3c with some 3b. Lovely hair

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Last edited:
Your hair is gorgeous both curly and straight!!!
I'm not a hair-type guru but it looks 3c/4a to me.

So steampod, huh? And here I was thinking my shopping was done :sad:.

Woah that's some gorgeous hair b4 and after!

ETA- your hair type seems to be 3c with some 3b. Lovely hair

HPG

Thank you!

Your hair is gorgeous both curly and straight!!!
I'm not a hair-type guru but it looks 3c/4a to me.

So steampod, huh? And here I was thinking my shopping was done :sad:.

haha I know! It's worth it though.

Gorgeous hair and gorgeous results !

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you very much :)

Nice both ways. I love the curls though. You look mostly 3c btw.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Thanks, I've never actually wore my natural hair out like that before.

Your natural hair is beautiful! If I had that gorgeous head of hair couldn't nobody tell me nuthin...I would be wearing it out all the time lol.

HPG

Nice results!

Your hair is 3b/c - actually, you're the closest to a hair twin I've ever seen on LHCF! Jenn at Komaza typed my hair as 3b during my hair analysis with her, but I stick to 3b/c. :yep:

Thanks for the link. That seems to be Australia. I'm in the US

Hey I found this site but they are out of stock. Guess you could put in for a reminder so they will email you once it's back in stock.

http://m.feelunique.com/p/LOreal-Professionel-and-Rowenta-Salon-Steam-Pod

ETA- they have this limited edition that's cheaper and in stock.

http://m.feelunique.com/p/LOreal-Professionnel-Rowenta-Salon-Steam-Pod-Diamond-Limited-Edition

HPG

Last edited:
THANK YOU, MixedGirl!!!!:grin:

Everything from your explanation to your detailed experience to your pictures is fabulous!

Now I really feel like this is my next flat iron!

I only question how it works on permed heads.....can anyone who has got chemicals in (perm, color, tex, whatever) please chime in?

Thanks and again, MixedGirl, your hair is AWESOME!!!!:grin:

grow

I bought the steam pod a few days ago and tried it out yesterday, any it is the best product I have ever used, even better than the design essentials STS treatment which I loved.

The steam pod is basically a flat iron with steam and you're meant to use certain products with it too.

The products are protein based I think.. One of them has a lot of nice oils in it, the steam is supposed to help the products penetrate the hair strands. I'm guessing it probably works with other products too but we'll see.

I bought the pink steam pod and two products for £126!

The reasons I love it:
1) speeds up styling time: normally when I flat iron I blow dry my hair semi straight which takes about 2 hours (I have a crazy amount of hair) then I flat iron for about an hour. With this you just "rough dry" your hair i.e. don't dry it straight. Despite my really thick huge curly hair on one pass of 180 centigrade my hair was straight. With two passes it was perfect.And it only took about 40 mins!
2)My hair has never been this shiny! Like I said, I loved the DE STS yet my hair is shiner with this!
3) my hair has a crazy amount of movement
4) My hair is super smooth and healthy looking/ feeling (and dare I say actually healthier?)
5) The flat iron is less damaging than a normal flat iron
6) No frizz, now my hair is super prone to frizz which I've learned to live with. With this there is none
7) Last night I just slept with my hair down (I know, not a good idea) and when I woke up my hair was still straight and beautiful

Now for pics:
I pin curled my hair for extra body :)
Also, my hair is very dark so I have limited photos of after, but I got tons of compliments and my housemates who are boys said that my hair looked really healthy.. and they never notice things like that.

Before:
2n707ix.png

2nw2y5e.png

40 mins and 180 degrees centigrade later

After:
xbl35.png

2mqly10.png

The straightness is supposed to last up to three days, I'll update each day to see if it lasts :)

Side question: What do people think my hair type is?

Thanks for the review MixedGirl. Before splurging on this, I wanted to find out a few details:
1) some reviewers on Amazon said it broke after several uses. What has been your experience with it? I'm guessing that they probably used tap water on it and one probably needs to use filtered or distilled water
2) did you get any heat damage as a result of using this product?
3) did you manage to get to your roots with this iron?
Thanks in advance..

I am really stressed out with styling my hair right now, so I might just do a weave one and use the steampod on my leave- out once I get it. I will be sure to write a review when I do that.

Thanks for the review MixedGirl. Before splurging on this, I wanted to find out a few details:
1) some reviewers on Amazon said it broke after several uses. What has been your experience with it? I'm guessing that they probably used tap water on it and one probably needs to use filtered or distilled water
2) did you get any heat damage as a result of using this product?
3) did you manage to get to your roots with this iron?
Thanks in advance..

I am really stressed out with styling my hair right now, so I might just do a weave one and use the steampod on my leave- out once I get it. I will be sure to write a review when I do that.

Mine is fine atm, maybe just make sure you can take it back if it breaks, you have to use deionised water. I don't get any heat damage but I never have with anything. The roots are hard to reach I'll be honest, I manage it but some may want to go over the roots with a smaller iron.

Back