Steampod RAVE!

grow

I bought the steam pod a few days ago and tried it out yesterday, any it is the best product I have ever used, even better than the design essentials STS treatment which I loved.

The steam pod is basically a flat iron with steam and you're meant to use certain products with it too.

The products are protein based I think.. One of them has a lot of nice oils in it, the steam is supposed to help the products penetrate the hair strands. I'm guessing it probably works with other products too but we'll see.

I bought the pink steam pod and two products for £126!

The reasons I love it:
1) speeds up styling time: normally when I flat iron I blow dry my hair semi straight which takes about 2 hours (I have a crazy amount of hair) then I flat iron for about an hour. With this you just "rough dry" your hair i.e. don't dry it straight. Despite my really thick huge curly hair on one pass of 180 centigrade my hair was straight. With two passes it was perfect.And it only took about 40 mins!
2)My hair has never been this shiny! Like I said, I loved the DE STS yet my hair is shiner with this!
3) my hair has a crazy amount of movement
4) My hair is super smooth and healthy looking/ feeling (and dare I say actually healthier?)
5) The flat iron is less damaging than a normal flat iron
6) No frizz, now my hair is super prone to frizz which I've learned to live with. With this there is none
7) Last night I just slept with my hair down (I know, not a good idea) and when I woke up my hair was still straight and beautiful

Now for pics:
I pin curled my hair for extra body :)
Also, my hair is very dark so I have limited photos of after, but I got tons of compliments and my housemates who are boys said that my hair looked really healthy.. and they never notice things like that.

Before:
2n707ix.png

2nw2y5e.png

40 mins and 180 degrees centigrade later

After:
xbl35.png

2mqly10.png

The straightness is supposed to last up to three days, I'll update each day to see if it lasts :)

Side question: What do people think my hair type is?
Head full of beautiful hair lady!

Back