Steamer vs. Using a plastic cap under a dryer

MAHOGNEY329

Future ESQ. w/nice hair:)
Hi,

I am thinking about transitioning. I would love the ability to wear my hair straight and curly. I noticed alot of the salons like TOO Groovy utlize steamers. My question could you just use a plastic cap under the dryer to get the same results?

Thanks in advance :)

I read a book about natural hair care and the author stated that if you did have access to a streamer a plastic cap or (I have done this) after coming out of the hot shower, sit in the residual steam. The person reccommended oil for steaming (currently using sesame seed oil infused with Maka powder.

I read a book about natural hair care and the author stated that if you did have access to a streamer a plastic cap or (I have done this) after coming out of the hot shower, sit in the residual steam. The person reccommended oil for steaming (currently using sesame seed oil infused with Maka powder.

I guess my next question is when do you steam. I typically do the following:
Pre Poo
Shampoo
Deep Condition
Leave In
Style............

Do you think it's a good idea to steam while you deep condition?

I steam using samanthajones' steam method with a deep conditioner on. I do it once every 3 weeks now, but will probably increase to once a week or once every other week in the winter. I find that it helps the conditioner penetrate so much more deeply, and my hair feels fantastic afterward! I'll be buying a steamer for my birthday, but until then this method works really well, better than just a shower cap and drier, which is what I've done for years.

I steam using samanthajones' steam method with a deep conditioner on. I do it once every 3 weeks now, but will probably increase to once a week or once every other week in the winter. I find that it helps the conditioner penetrate so much more deeply, and my hair feels fantastic afterward! I'll be buying a steamer for my birthday, but until then this method works really well, better than just a shower cap and drier, which is what I've done for years.

Please explain how you do that :"). Are you natural?????????????

Back